I went to the Sunday Meeting!

by UnDisfellowshipped 13 Replies latest jw friends

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

I went to the Sunday Meeting!

By UnDisfellowshipped ([email protected])

I went to the Meeting on Sunday because I wanted to hear the comments on the Watchtower Study, and I knew that someone would say something about Dateline or the silentlambs, because the Watchtower
    article being studied is the March first issue that talked about the "slanderous media reports".

First, the Public Talk:
    It was an impromptu Public Talk given by an Elder. It was about the neutrality issue, with some other things thrown in. Basically he was saying that Jehovah's Witnesses should not take up arms and fight in wars, and that at Armageddon JW's would not do any actual fighting, however, he did say that JW's will have to await instructions from the Watchtower Society, and the JW's may have to preach a condemnation message to the nations after Babylon the Great is destroyed. I guess basically the message would be "It's too late to repent -- you're all going to die, and there's nothing you can do about it!" Wow, that sounds like "good news" to me.

Then he said that JW's should not pay attention to the news media's propaganda.

He also made some comment about "having a job is not that important for JW's, as long as they are going out in service, Jehovah will provide for them." (Not the exact words, but pretty close)

He went on to say that we don't want to be like "those people who some years back were stumbled because they were serving with a date in mind, and then when Armageddon didn't come, they fell away."

I assume he was talking about 1975, or perhaps the Generation of 1914, but either way, the only reason
    they were serving with a date in mind is because the Watchtower Society told them to. The Watchtower
    Society puts the blame on the ones who were stumbled, instead of the ones who stumbled them.

Then he said "What if you knew that the end of this system does not come for another 500 years, would you still serve Jehovah? Or would you slow down on meeting attendance or field service? JW's should not be serving with a date in mind."

Now, on to the really interesting part -- THE WATCHTOWER STUDY:
    The comments on Paragraphs 5-6 were most interesting.

First, a Sister answered and said that JW's must NOT associate with apostates, OR with those who may become apostates, that are currently complaining about the Elders or the Society!

THEN, the same Elder who gave the Public Talk, answered and said (THIS IS THE BIG COMMENT!):

"It is not always apostates that spread lies about the JW's, sometimes it is the news media. For instance, recently there was a television show about child abuse in the Jehovah's Witnesses, and I can't remember the name of the show, but the news media itself really distorted the facts about Jehovah's Witnesses in that Program. It's like that old saying, 'believe nothing you hear, and only half of what you see.'"

For more information on the huge Child Abuse Cover-Up inside the Jehovah's Witnesses Church, please visit http://www.SilentLambs.org

• Matty
  • ARoarer
    ARoarer

Isn't it truly amazing how elders can go up and lie through their teeth in a courtroom and protect a pedophile, and get away with it, but the media is the one to blame for reporting it. Every bit of what was said on that show was all true when our family was interviewed. They are calling victim/survivors liers. What about the pedophile going door to door? His whole life is a lie. That cult has so much to answer for. So glad my family is out. It is a lying, deceptive, prophecy peddling, spiritually abusive, ant-christ religion of wolves in sheeps clothing teaching false doctrines.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Undis,

As Matty subtlety pointed out, this was originally penned by Bill Bowen. Why have you made it look like it was you who wrote it? Viz:

By UnDisfellowshipped

Could you explain, please?

Spanner

Edited to add: Just read your explanation below. I thought this sort of thing was totally out of character for you, Undis!

• Francois
    Francois

I'm with Spanner and Matty. This is nothing but a copy of a previous post.

WTF?

francois

• rocketman
    rocketman

Yeah, Undie, what's up with this post? It's just a copy of the dogpatch post about Bill Bowen.

• Hamas
    Hamas

yeah , whats going on ?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Deleted post after the explanation from Undisfellowshipped below.

• chester
    chester

Maybe undisfellowshiped IS Bill Bowen posting for himself.

• Charmed
    Charmed

I thought that I had read this before. I was getting serious deja vu.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit