Jehovah's Witness Elders Question A Brother For Not Turning In Field Service Time

by Watchtower-Free 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Watchtower-Free
  • cappytan
    cappytan

Dang, I never even thought about that scripture applying to field service reports.

#mindblown

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Can't watch right now, but is this the same one that was posted a while ago - guy says he's not turning in time anymore because (primarily) of the scripture about not praying in the streets like the pharisees do because they're getting their reward in full?

• cappytan
    cappytan
    @OneEyedJoe: This is the first I've seen it, but yeah, Matthew 6:1-4.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Thanks.  

That scripture actually always bothered me when it came to a lot of things that JWs did.  The other one that always bothered me regarding time reports was the bit where David took a census of his army and god killed a bunch of people as a result (that one also bothered me since David had done the crime, but it was other people that god punished, but that's neither here nor there).

This was a good video for showing just how much control the cult will try to exert, and how little room there is for individual conscience.  The proper reaction from the elders would've been to say something like "well, ok if it bothers your conscience then you certainly shouldn't do it." and let that be that.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Is this really surprising being that this religion has a publishing house operating at its core ?

What does the CO do when he arrives at a congregation ?

He inquires to the literature placements and hours of service the congregation has recently.  

Mind you the first century apostles had to do this as well, that is turn in a monthly publishing record .  

Always remember more hours and placements appeases Jehovah, so less likely you'll be killed come judgment day.  

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, it is one of those topics that stands out like a sore thumb as soon as we learn "the truth about the truth"!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze
    The example of the widow shows exactly why time sheets should not be required.  The amount you give is not important. 
  • zeb
    zeb

"Field ministry is not controlled or monitored by the Elders, the congregation or Watchtower." "An individual publishers field ministry including time and manner it is carried out is a personal matter between the publisher and his God".

WT lawyers speaking in a court case.

(the link I had does not work. If anyone has thelink to this one please.. lets see it)

• zeb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit