WISH ME LUCK!

by rebel 11 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel
    rebel

Hubby will be in from the memorial soon. He was annoyed that I didn't go. I am NOT looking forward to his return.

Wish me luck guys

xxR

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

good luck reb!

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

Damn, I forgot it was the memorial tonight!

That explains the absence of some of our usual posters...or it could be the match thats on television....i'll go for the memorial.

They are obviously weak apostates and need councelling about their associations, you never know, they may try and influence us all amd make us fall back into the society.

Dis-fellowship ALL posters that are not online during the memorial just to make sure.

• sandy
    sandy

maybe the seriousness of the evening will help him to be calm ad truly christian-like.

If he upset and says anything to you about not attending ask him this question:

Do you think Jesus Christ would come back from the memorial in such a bad mood and judge me for not attending?

• onacruse
    onacruse

((rebel))

I'd wish you luck, but actually, I don't think you'll need it . You're tough, and you know why you believe the way you now do. Don't forget 1) that your sincere husband is simply misinformed, and 2) you know you can come to this forum any time for support and information.

Aw heck, I'll wish you luck anyway

Craig

• rebel
    rebel

Thanks for your good wishes - they really worked.

I am absolutely gobsmacked. He stopped by a garage on the way home and bought me a bunch of flowers. I am so happy

I don't know about men not understanding women - I don't understand men

Anyway - I feel so much better than I have all day - I have been feeling nervous and sick for no reason.

xxR

• Gopher
    Gopher

Life is like that, though -- we get "nervous and sick for no reason".

I read one time that our worries are like cars approaching us from the opposite direction, and that 9 out of 10 of those cars hit the ditch before they ever come close to reaching us. So really of all our worries, we only have to actually deal with a few. Maybe (in hindsight -- I'm guilty of worrying a bit overmuch too), if we stopped worrying about what "could be" and deal with what actually comes (the 1 out of 10), then we'll have more energy to effectively deal with that reality.

• onacruse
    onacruse

rebel:

I have been feeling nervous and sick for no reason.

Me with Gopher, most of us at times feel similarly perplexed. You had good reason to expect a negative attitude from hubby tonight. Instead, he bought you flowers. Good for him, and happy for you. You might just be touching him more deeply than you thought?

Craig

• blondie
    blondie

Flowers, hmmmmm. I worry a lot myself about things I can't change or control. I'm working on that. Here's a hug from me, rebel.

Blondie

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Perhaps you could borrow a light saber from Blondie and wield it at zipper level. May the Force be with you rebel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit