Time matters

by I Faded Twice 23 Replies latest jw friends

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice

A few years back I was in a meeting between fades and it was the CO visit. He said something I thought was crazy and a lot of JWs buy into this mentality. I don't remember the talk but he asked this question.

What if this isn't the truth? He answered by saying that basically you should still be happy to have been a jw for them giving helping you to live a morally clean life.And that it would be something to be proud of. So why would it matter if it's not really The Truth?

I pondered that idea for years and now I have my own thoughts on that logic.

My answer is Time , Time is the only possession that cant be bought or sold . Each person has a limited amount. You never know when it's gone.

I've been trying to put a number on it and it's like this. I was raised in an uberdub family. We made every meeting and every Saturday was service. Studied before all meetings and these are the numbers I arrived at.

13 hours per week

13x52=676 hours per year

676÷24=28.16 days per year

28.16x20years=563.33333 days of my life were wasted by the age of 20 that is almost 2 years gone . It's actually a lot more when you consider I pioneered ,the conventions,preparing for talks,travel time.

If you are a JW that has trouble finding the time to work and have a life and always feels overwhelmed. It's because you are. Quite simply you don't have the time. While the rest of mankind ages 10 years you age 11 .

So there is 1 reason it IS harmful to not be the truth!

• blondie
    blondie

That's similar to the WTS says that members should believe them although they can see where they are wrong.

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice

You basically give up February every year to support an organization that hides pedophiles.

Totally chaps my ass!

• blondie
    blondie

We stopped donating and turned in fake time for 10 years before we stopped attending 18 years ago. As to leaving, it is only too late to leave when you are dead.

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice

Blondie that is EXACTLY how I feel!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

An Elder told me that even if it wasn't the truth, he couldn't think of a better way of life !!!

Well I can, actually doing something that is of help to your fellow man is a far better way of life that trying to lure them in to a cult that is not the truth !

• zeb
    zeb

"he couldn't think of a better way of life !!!"--Phizzy.

what a tragic excuse for human being. Hours spent each week hearing the same thing over. Denying restful time with family or the wife, denying any constructive pass-time denying any REAL charitable work.

Was he so piss weak that he had to do this to feel of value.. Oh Pleeeaaze!

• waton
    waton

if wt still schedules your time, can you profit from that? make the meetings a time for meeting friends, meditation, do research?

In many countries, the government takes half of your working time's earnings in the form of taxes. Can you make that working time worth while, quality,-- too?

We all travel through time into the future for a while, The quality you pack into that is yours to shape. Take that very seriously. make it a happy, satisfying time, no matter what circumstances beyond your control are channelling that journey.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

An Elder told me that even if it wasn't the truth, he couldn't think of a better way of life !!!

You should tell him the Apostle Paul disagrees with you.

1 Cor 15:19

According to Br. Paul, “...we are to be pitied more than anyone” if it’s all just a lie.

• waton
    waton

an hour ago

of course as an elder, he is in control of everyone, has their dirt, can feel like he really is somebody, if only be the grace of the wt set up, set down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit