Bill Bowen's visit to the Kingdom Hall Sunday

by Dogpatch 29 Replies latest jw friends

• manon
    manon

"Having a job is not that important for JW's as long as they are going out to service, Jehovah will provide for them.

Let us keep families struggling to make ends meet. Do you feel the love brothers and sisters??????

• Hamas
    Hamas

Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. Matt. 7:15

"But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned." (Matthew 12:36,37).

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

That Elder who asked the question during his public talk:"What if you knew that the end was not coming for 500 yrs. more,would you slow down in preaching and coming to meetings"

There would be no preaching,or meetings if the end was to come 500 yrs. from now.Because,the Society teaches that the basis for the preaching and meetings is that we are in the time of the end.

So, the Elder is asking a question that is not relevant to the time at hand.OOPS! Did I say,the time is at hand,sounds like a nice title for a book.

Blueblades

• Farkel
    Farkel

Blueblades,

Of course that elder who posulated the "end" might come in 500 years was an idiot: every dub knows that if the "end" doesn't come in his lifetime, he/she is basically guaranteed a resurrection. This means that every dub who knows his religion would be boinking every person of the other (or same) sex in sight while guzzling gallons of booze, taking every sort of drug available and in general, doing everything the WTS condemns. This includes possibly the most horrible sin since Adam and Eve ate that piece of fruit: guys having long hair and/or beards or women wearing slacks to the meetings.

This is what the WTS teaches, and there are few exceptions about who will be resurrected: Residents of Sodom and Gomorrah (this is ever-changing), Adolf Hitler, Sadaam Hussein, Josef Stalin and Ray Franz. All the bad guys who ever lived will not be resurrected, nor will dub women who wear slacks to the meetings.

Of course, this is all "Bible-Based(tm)."

There are many stories of idiotic dubs REJOICING that some "worldly" relative died before Armgeddon nailed them. Their reason? They stood a good chance of resurrection by DYING NOW, whereas if Armageddon came BEFORE they died, they would be toast.

Watchtower God(tm) is a strange God, indeed. The Watchtower Religion is even more strange.

Farkel

• garybuss
    garybuss

Farkel . . . . Did you say the bad living will be made dead? And the dead bad will be made alive? Huh? This sounds rational:-)

http://www.freeminds.org/buss/truth.htm

• sf
    sf

Why was the author not clarified by Mr. Bowen in the mail to Randy?

When I cut/ paste material and send out items that I DID NOT PEN, I am ALWAYS sure to include it's author. It is THE most important part of corresponding and having others correspond, via email, to the said author off the material in the email. Simply...it's a given.

Now, read into that what you will. Yet including the author is not something that slips the mind easily. Must be pretty pre-occupied to have 'simply forgotten'.

sKally, FOCUSed klass!!

• Farkel
    Farkel

Gary,

: Farkel . . . . Did you say the bad living will be made dead? And the dead bad will be made alive? Huh? This sounds rational:-)

Of course, I implied that. Who do you think inspired me many years ago along those lines, My Master Mentor(tm)?

I'm not joking or being sarcastic here, folks. GB was the single human that, through his writings got me into the real sarcastic mode and has inspired nearly everything that is parody or sarcasim that I've done.

Thanks, Gary!

Farkel

• Xena
    Xena

Funny when the media exposes the JW child abuse it is all lies......BUT when it exposes Catholic child abuse it is all true...

They really are screwed in the head!

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Why can't they see? Is it a prerequisite for being a jw in good standing that your head must be firmly in your ass to the shoulders? If I remember correctly as a publisher we were supposed to keep ourselves above reproach. I was "counciled" on one ocasion for behavior that might be construed as objectionable. My priveleges were removed until the matter was proven to be false. When I questioned the fact that long time beliefs and time lines were proving to be incorrect, I was warned to keep my doubts to my self. I didn't, and was asked to leave.

I thought for a long time that I was alone in my beliefe that there was something very wrong in the org. I knew Bill from a congregation in suthern Missouri. I worked with him at a two day build. When I saw him on the tube speaking out about the child abuse cases. I was floored. As I remembered he had been a "model" brother. I was always only just so so, barely made my field service time and only did parts in the ministry school. Knowing that he too and others were aware of the problems and confronting them was a great relief. The man has got some stones. I don't how he can stand to sit amongst them and listen to their BS, but I'm glad he does. His tenacity in exposing the bad and keeping others informed is applaudable. I couldn't listen to that crap without standing up and shouting for them to get their heads out of their asses and think.

They tout themselves as being the only true religion and gods chosen people. When you put yourself on that kind of pedestal, you damn well need to keep your nose clean. Why don't they just admit that they have problems? Why can't they admit they were and are wrong? Heaping lies on top of coverups just makes it look worse. I was told that Satan was the father of the lie. The org. lies to their followers, to cover their asses. Like father like son?

There is enough information out there for anyone with a glimmer of common sense to see that the JWs are not what thye have claimed and that their teachings are badly flawed. As much as I would like everyone to feel the freedom from the org. that I have come to know, if they don't find it for themselves they will never be free.

Thunder

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    It is not always apostates that spread lies about the
    JW's, sometimes it is the news media. For instance,
    recently there was a television show about child abuse
    in the Jehovah's Witnesses, and I can't remember the
    name of the show, but the news media itself really
    distorted the facts about Jehovah's Witnesses in that
    Program. It's like that old saying, 'believe nothing you
    hear, and only half of what you see.'"

LIES!! ALL LIES!!