Do You Ever Think Of This While Driving?

by rocketman 11 Replies latest jw friends

• rocketman
  • rocketman
    rocketman

That while you're driving through a neighborhood, that all the time you spent there doing the door-to-door work amounted to little if anything in the way of any positive effect? I look and see homes in which no one remembers we were ever there, no one really seemed to care, and no one even was serious about showing interest in our "message".

• Gopher
    Gopher

Those thoughts don't occur very much while I'm driving.

However, if I pull up in the driveway (especially of someone I don't know), I sometimes get flashbacks about pulling up to someone's door for a call or return visit.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

I've thought about how absurd it was going door to door. I always hated going door to door anyway, but I did learn the neighboorhoods in town better.

• Kjell Hedblom
    Kjell Hedblom

I am just so happy I am not out there anymore,disturbing people in their own homes.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Saturday mornings , when I settle in my desk in a comfortable office with a mug of coffee, making time and a half - I spare a thought for the faithfull preparing to spend their mornings presenting magazines nobody wants to people who mostly are not at home . Life gets better in some ways.

• Introspection
    Introspection

Hmm, no I haven't in a long time. Once in a while I just glance over at this house on this main street I used to call on, I don't really think about it much but since that guy was kinda cool I sometimes kinda wonder what became of him. Of course, I wonder about the JWs too, but as long as they're in there's not a lot to wonder about I guess..

• dmouse
    dmouse

When I get out of bed on a Saturday morning and look out and see it's raining I feel disappointment - then I remember the thousands of JWs who will be looking at the rain and thinking 'thank God', like I used to - because it meant I had an excuse not to go out on the ministry.

JWs must be the only people who WANT it to rain on the weekend!

That is the ONLY thought I have about the ministry now.

• basics-for-me
    basics-for-me

I loathe driving through the area that I used to go "door to door".

The minute that I get into that "territory", I get a shitty feeling in my gut and I regret with the very heart of me that I ever succumbed to such bullshit.

I still panic about bumping into any of my old calls or bible studies.

I've moved on personally, but I would find it very hard work to do the explainations that would be required of me to do. Even though I think that they deserve to know?!?!?!?!?!

I don't want to look back at that era of my life.

I suppose that my reasoning centers around the fact that, most of my fellow workers, i.e the people in the kingdom hall that I attended, were for the most part insincere and so full of shit and pre-occupied with getting their time in and dumping mags wherever they could, that any receptive "householders" would hopefully turn off to such spouted crap......

Bay64me.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

The minute that I get into that "territory", I get a shitty feeling in my gut and I regret with the very heart of me that I ever succumbed to such bullshit.

(sigh) Me, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit