Doctor's Appt. Today

by Bendrr 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

I don't like the sound of this Bendrr. If your insurance has an emergency room benefit, go there and report a pain in your lower right quadrant. DON'T walk into the emergency room. You'll be triaged to last place. Get someone to drive you to the hospital and then get a wheel chair for you and wheel you in from the car which they've left at the curb. This will put you ahead of everyone who has walked in on their own power.

Did the doctor push on your lower right quadrant and then suddenly release his hands so that your body sprang back into shape? If so what happened? If not, that's a bad sign this doctor is an idiot.

I'll be back home in a couple of hours. I'll look for your answer?

francois

• riz
    riz

(((((((mike)))))))) i really hope it's nothing serious!

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Hi Frank. Yes, he did push on my stomach where I told him I was hurting. Once. And I told him that that made the pain flare up again when he did it.

The E.R. is an option, and if it gets worse I'm there.

Thanks,

Mike.

• topanga
    topanga

hope youre gonna be all right my darlin!

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Bendrr, I hope it isn't anything serious.

When you mentioned the lower right side, I too thought of the appendix.

I'm wondering if it could be a hernia? Well, you'll find out.

Regardless, I wish you well, and that it'll be fixed/repaired, and you'll be better afterwards.

Take care Bendrr.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Mike, while there is every good reason to expect that things will be well with you, nevertheless just for good measure, I suggest that you be sure and ask for a prostate exam. That pain in your stomach will quickly relocate.

Craig (of the "annual physical" class)

• outnfree
    outnfree

Bendrr,

If it IS your appendix your dull pain will likely get more acute, you will experience -- hmmm, how do I phrase this delicately?-- intestinal discomfort and diarrhea, you will feel nauseous and your fever will increase. At least that's what happened to me.

Problem is, by the time I experienced all those symptoms my appendix was so inflamed that massive doses of antibiotics could not stop the increasing infection. (You DID say you had blood drawn, right?) They gave me until the morning to see if there was any post-meds improvement. When there wasn't (as evidenced by my white blood cell count), I was sent in to surgery.

I'm hoping your blood work showed a normal white blood cell count and thus the doctor ruled out appendicitis. But if the above symptoms start appearing, I'm with Francois: hitch a ride to the hospital.

Meanwhile, you could always phone the doctor's office and tell the receptionist you were unclear about your doctor's suspicions and ask her to have him phone you back. (If he gets enough of these types of calls, perhaps he'll start taking a bit more time out to explain things while the patients are actually IN his office?)

Salut!

outnfree

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Thanks for the kind words everybody.

No pain today....well a few instances of a little pressure there, but no pain. Worked a full day, even had time to do some work on my own car in between customers. The dr. said no alcohol and no acetominaphen. Well, I'm not taking tylenol anyway.

Should know about the blood test Friday or Monday.

Mike.

• berylblue
    berylblue

Mike,

Keep us posted, please, and do take care.

Rosemarie

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I am so stupid! I was checking to see if you had posted anything about your new hair cut and misread the date on this thread and posted to it, thinking it was todays date.

BTW, the hair cut looks goood on you. Makes you look younger.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit