My response to Gerhard Besier

by Jerry Bergman 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jerry Bergman
    Jerry Bergman

Ops at to my first Ph.D. it was 1976 not 1975 (a mistake understandable to a Witness)

• Jerry Bergman
    Jerry Bergman

That's correct (sort of). It is not sort of correct, but correct. The agency is defunct and because another agency has taken its place does not change this fact. The Council for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education that closed down CPU was replaced by - wait for it - the Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education which supported the decision and is still in existence. (See http://www.bppve.ca.gov/) How do you know this??? I was told they did not make the decision and could not do anything about it even if they wanted to. The decision was make by another now defunct agency. If you have information to the contrary, please let me know. Sloppy work, Jerry. This is the name calling that I object to. You were never a student there so how can you make a judgment? All you can do is rely on someone else (which is hearsay in court and often of no value).

• Eric
    Eric

When did BGSU expect you to achieve your doctorate? Sept 1973

When did you actually achieve your doctorate? June 1975 (my thesis took longer than expected).

Ops at to my first Ph.D. it was 1976 not 1975 (a mistake understandable to a Witness)

First, it is an understandable mistake if made by a JWitness, not to a JWitness, but let's just call it a typo, and move on.

Let's ignore the flesh here and look at the bone.

BGSU hired you as an AsstProf because your Ph.D was expected at the start of the semester, and they believed you. Ph.D not achieved within promised timeframe, BGSU reduced you in rank to Instructor. (They had other options open at this point but chose to be lenient.)

Now you wish your CV to state you were hired by BGSU as an AsstProf in 1973.

If you cannot see the moral chasm between your claim and the reality of the situation, you can expect more than the Dr. Dr. Besier's of this world to kick you around.

Eric

• Jerry Bergman
    Jerry Bergman

BGSU hired you as an AsstProf because your Ph.D was expected at the start of the semester, and they believed you. Ph.D not achieved within promised timeframe, BGSU reduced you in rank to Instructor. (They had other options open at this point but chose to be lenient.) BGSU hired you as an AsstProf because your Ph.D was expected at the start of the semester, and they believed you. Ph.D not achieved within promised timeframe, BGSU reduced you in rank to Instructor. (They had other options open at this point but chose to be lenient.)

Not quite. They offered me this rank knowing that I did not have a Ph.D. yet and they require verification of the Ph.D. if they are going to base rank on it. I had several years of college teaching experience so I concluded that they offered me this rank due to this experience. Later after they found out that I was a Witnesses they claimed it was a mistake made by a secretary. Now you wish your CV to state you were hired by BGSU as an AsstProf in 1973. My CV does not say this and has not for decades but since I was promoted to an Asst Professor at BGSU, yes I can say that my rank at BGSU was an Assistant professor when I left. I have now consulted with an attorney who concluded Besier's statements are clearly libelous.

If you cannot see the moral chasm between your claim and the reality of the situation, you can expect more than the Dr. Dr. Besier's of this world to kick you around. How do you know the reality of the situation? Were you there? I do not see the hate and slander as expressed by Besier as moral, do you? His statements are clearly slanderous. I was never in trouble with the law for claiming titles that I had no right to. This is a lie and I have to wonder about people who condone such behavior.

• Jerry Bergman
    Jerry Bergman

By the way, Besier is very active defending the Watchtower against their critics. He thinks that it is a great faith and critics like us are in the wrong on almost every point. He is evidently a paid consultant for them. If you can read German, read his book. He has nothing but condemnation for the folks on here. He is also, I was told, being sued by an ex-Witness who he slandered.

• Jerry Bergman
    Jerry Bergman

I read your essay on poisons, but I didn't see the point in any of it? It was like reading a primer for someone who had been cryogenicaly frozen for some hundred years or so, or an encyclopedia entry for 8th graders I am amazed how Darwinists cannot interact without name calling their critics. The article was part of a research project for a graduate class at Medical school, and one of the professors is one of the leading toxicologists in the world (and I earned an A in the class). I have received much positive feedback about the article. If you don't see the point of it, read it again. The point is clear and obvious.

• Jerry Bergman
    Jerry Bergman

BGSU hired you as an AsstProf because your Ph.D was expected at the start of the semester, and they believed you. Ph.D not achieved within promised timeframe, BGSU reduced you in rank to Instructor. As is clear in the record, I did not promise them I would complete it at a certain time, but only expected it at a certain time, quite different. Also, 2 other persons in my department did not complete their doctorate when expected and they both got tenure! I now think that the Watchtower is correct in some of their criticism about college professors.

• Eric
    Eric
    Now you wish your CV to state you were hired by BGSU as an AsstProf in 1973. My CV does not say this and has not for decades

Surely there is a statute of limitation on shameful acts that legally protects you here.

I was never in trouble with the law for claiming titles that I had no right to.

May the reader have discernment. Reader is excused befuddlement if accessing the court proceedings regarding doctor Bergman's legal defense of his claims led you to a different conclusion.

I am amazed how Darwinists cannot interact without name calling their critics.
    By the way, Besier is very active defending the Watchtower

So what? You are the guy with almost nine degrees, now you tell me how this makes you more credible than Dr. Dr. Besier?

Also, 2 other persons in my department did not complete their doctorate when expected and they both got tenure!
    I now think that the Watchtower is correct in some of their criticism about college professors.

Why, because you have been outstripped by some of your peers? Or, what exactly do you think the Watchtower got right about college professors?

Don't be shy now, Dr.JB. Spit it out.

Eric

• Jerry Bergman
    Jerry Bergman

My CV does not say this and has not for decades

Surely there is a statute of limitation on shameful acts that legally protects you here. How is it shameful to be honest? Should I have stated that I was hired at some other rank which is not true? When I was hired I put down the rank that I was hired at. I have to wonder about people who spend all their time trying to put others down. Don't you ever say anything positive about others?? I have to admit most of the ex-Witnesses that I have known in the past became Christians and spent their time trying to help others and I am not used to such viciousness.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Great, a whole weekend and not ONE point raised in my rebutals has been addressed by Jerry.

Jerry, is your silence a tacit admission that I have made a points you cannot answer in a way that would allow you to maintain the "it's so unfair people say Creationists lie etc." stance you took at the outset?

Funny how you have the time to defend yourself, but not the point you were trying to prove.

Well?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit