What if God never changed the languages

by pleaseresearch 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

We have the account of God changing our languages and thus we all separated all over the world.

I wonder how different, maybe even peaceful if God didn't do that.

Looking at the story now it seems pathetic that he needed to do this to stop men wanting to reach the heavens to take a sneaky peek at him. We've been much further than mankind back then could have ever imagined and God isn't visible.

But yeah how different would history have been if this account never happened.

• freddo
    freddo

Non dub: So why didn't Jehovah just wipe out Satan there and then in Eden?

Dub: Good question! But if he had then all the onlooking angels would have wondered if Satan was right - so Jehovah "lovingly" allows him to rule mankind with no interference to show how rubbish he is at it!

Non-dub: So is that why Jehovah didn't stop the Xmas 2004 Tsunami which killed 250,000 people? Or the stop the genocide of millions in the holocaust?

Dub: That's right!

Non-dub: But he did get involved when he confused the languages at the Tower of Babel didn't he?

Dub: Errr ....

Non-dub: Not to mention the Flood! Jah loves floods doesn't he?

Dub: "I'm not listening. La-la-la-la!"

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

Very good Freddo.

I personally think God has made it much more harder for us to show that we could live fine without him. We were united under one language. God divided us, thus bringing a lot of the problems that followed.

Basically his test was never fair. I think he did see us progressing, so much in fact that he felt threatened and had to step in, thus changing the languages. He can't allow humans to come out winning. So he will do everything in his power to stop it.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Who knows...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

So God got involved when humans tried to access heaven with a physical structure?!?!? Did the ancient people actually believe that God lived up in the sky, like actually on top of Mount Herman?

Did they believe he just lives at a high altitude?? The absurdity of trying to reach the spirit realm with a physical tower boggles the mind...

Why would the Almighty even bother to intervene when the task at hand is impossible, yet fail to intervene throughout the rest of history when it actually matters??

It’s all really dumb…

DD

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Hebrew god YHWH didn't change humanity's languages for they were already different, diverse and unique thousands of years before the Tower of Babel incident.

Oh snap there's that scientifically acquired knowledge from archaeology once again.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

We have a bunch of folks just trying to survive, making a living and in case God decide to flood the earth they may stay dry. I'am sure they all knew the story, YHWH was a little upset with mankind and killed a bunch of folks. So my thought, they desired to build a tower to heaven as a sort of gratitude for God's good grace and in case He go off the deep end and open the flood gates a second time they may have a chance . I guess God doesn't like intruders in his heavenly domain.

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

Noah’s flood and the way God put more hardship on Noah’s family by building an ark that took care of over 84 million species (than on the wicked who just got drowned and died in a matter of seconds), and commanding Noah to kill and eat animal flesh—the very animals he commanded him to save … all go to show account doesn’t fit divine inspiration.

Nimrod’s account is an offshoot of Noah’s flood, and with such a memory of global destruction still burning in their mind, it is unlikely that anyone would rebel like the way Nimrod did. It means the whole account including confusing of language is fictional. If such a rebellion really took place, God would naturally deal with it differently--never through confusing of languages which would naturally bring difficulties for billions of unrelated parties.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The original story about a god confusing the language of man comes from Sumer and it was the god Enki that did it. The same god that created the first garden of Edin, created Adamu before another god created Adam and earned a couple of guys about a flood and to build a boat to save living things.

I really don’t know why Jehovah keeps copying this guy?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Just to start: I don't believe there is enough evidence to believe in god let a lone any particular god/s anymore. I thought about it quite a lot before concluding this..

If I'm proved wrong with evidence then I'll accept that.

Then these weird stories of floods and towers where the language got confused don't ring true.

Data-Dog - Why would the Almighty even bother to intervene when the task at hand is impossible, yet fail to intervene throughout the rest of history when it actually matters??

I was actually thinking this.

Google translate must be the start of 'Armageddon(tm)' in that case.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit