I never thought in a million years..

by thegentleman 11 Replies latest jw friends

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Honestly, the only thing I could say is simply what has already been kindly expressed already here.

I do hope you will understand what you are truly up against.

It's wonderful that YOU have such an intense and unmitigated love for this woman.

But Jehovah's Witnesses are a nightmare to deal with, no matter how true and dedicated your real and true love is.

Jehovah will win out, but it's more or less the society's doctrines and edicts that have robbed her of any sense to see what you are offering: is a lifetime better !!

I hope you'll heed some of the kindnesses that have been availed to you, from people who know only too well what goes on inside that organization. We may not know you personally, but we DO know what you are up against. We do not wish any kind and loving human being that empty and torturous futile journey.

Please keep us posted will you.

You deserve someone who will love you for who you truly are, and not second class to jehovah.

My kindest regards.

• born againer
    born againer

I know exactly what you are going through. I was going out with a JW guy for 2 years, and he dumped me because his family and the elders at his KH told him to. You have to understand the hold that these people have over individuals such as this girl. They aren't afraid to pile on the emotional blackmail, and make them chose between you and their God and family. I know that this isn't going to make you feel any better, but you have to try to get on with life. Go out with your friends, spend time with your family. When I was depressed over my break up, they were the only thing that helped me through it. It sounds to me like you did everything right with this girl, and treated her with total respect. You can hold your head up high, and know that you acted honourably. The best thing you can do is be there if she needs you. She will have been through a lot that you don't realise, and I wouldn't mind betting that she is hurting just as much as you.

I hope that you can move on, it is the best thing you can do. I did, and I am much happier now.

Take care x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit