Do You Consider Yourself A Stronger Person Since Your Eyes Have Opened?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• qadreena
    qadreena

Absolutely

Began feeling wiser not long after leaving but have only felt stronger in the last year or so after getting over all my issues (yeah theyre still there but I'm strong enough to get over it now)

When I was with em I was very quiet and inside myself but now very outgoing and extrovert which I do believe is the 'real me'

If i was still a witness I'd still be very introvert and probably a lot more miserable than I have been since leaving

• nowisee
    nowisee

it was only after leaving wts that i learned the meaning of commitment, of self-responsibility, of being authentic, of letting my yes mean yes and my no mean no. those values i believe have become a part of who i am.

however, during the years after leaving there were up times and down times, some times of feeling blue and sort of lost, and other times of joy and happiness.

since finding a new faith i have much greater belief in something more powerful than i, something that has proven to be sustaining and reliable, and my life has become much more even and stable, so i guess stronger.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

It will get better Micheal. In the whole scheme of things the WTBS is just a little speck; they're not as big as they think they are.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Oh and yes, I feel so much closer to God.

I'm beginning to hear him speak to me. Not audibly of course but I believe he talks to me nonetheless.

For example, a couple of months ago, I had a strange dream about 4:00 in the morning. In this dream, My oldest son, Thomas Stone, was sitting across a room from me. I looked into his eyes and said "God Never Changes". I awakened and couldn't get back to sleep. (Note: Thomas, still a JW stopped speaking to me after 911)

I described my dream to a friend that day at work. She suggested perhaps Jehovah was giving me a message for my son.

I thought about it, and nervously picked up the phone and called him. Of course he tried to interrupt me trying to explain how he is not supposed to be talking to me. I told him to just listen because I had something important to tell him, "God Never Changes,", then ended the conversation saying "I love you very much, Bye". Normally, I'm quite a talker, so he must have been blown away by my abruptness.

Now, I can't be certain the message was from Jehovah but I trust my instincts. I believe it is not a matter "If" he escapes the WTBS, but "When." I have great faith in that.

• Mac
    Mac
    DoYou Consider Yourself A Stronger Person Since Your Eyes Have Opened?

No, I attribute this to weight training!!!

mac

• Bona Dea
    Bona Dea

No, I don't think that I am any stronger in any form or fashion since I left and I am definitely not happier. If anything, I made my home life a living hell when I left. It is next to impossible for me to feel good when my husband is still involved in this and dragging my children down with him. I feel like the black sheep...and it is a crappy feeling. I lost my faith in everything I ever believed.

Sadie

• shera
    shera

YES!

• aunthill
    aunthill

Hi, Loveroftruth,

Yes, God does speak to us in different ways. Personally I think you did the right thing by calling your son and keeping it short.

In answer, Minimum, yes, yes and yes.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I feel less dependent on outside factors (God).

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    I was just talking to my mother, and you know what's interesting??? Sometimes she defends the "truth" and other times, she agrees (reluctantly) with me. Sunday was a good day for her agreement. Today, the "slave's" imperfect. They are not false prophets.

all too familiar minimus,

That "new personality" JWs proudly wear is truly demonised.

If someone isn't a tad scitzo before joining the cult they soon will be.

unclebruce

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit