Finally fixing my teeth, since "The End" never materialized.....thx WT HQ!

by WingCommander 10 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

This is just one of several sore subjects for me concerning growing up in the toxic cult known as Jehovah's Witnesses.

Health Care. Specifically, dentistry. For a little background, my parents studied in the mid-70's, and were baptized in 1982. I was born in 1979. My mother had obtained her RN license in 1971, and had good health care benefits. I always had my shots, exams, fluoride treatments, etc. However, one thing my parents refused to fix for me as a child were my crooked and turned teeth. Why should they waste the money, when "The End" was just around the corner? Why, my teeth would correct themselves into perfect alignment just like our bodies during the 1000 years of the New Order.

Guess how that dumbass attitude has worked out for me? Not well. Especially the last 10 years. See, your teeth will keep getting worse, moving, wearing, etc. Your over or under bite will worsen as well. Finally, at the age of 44 I've had enough. I provided braces for my own son years ago so he wouldn't suffer the same fate. Now, it's my turn damn it!!

I set the appointment with the Orthodontist. (same one my son went to) Got the xrays, got the 3D imaging inside of my mouth. The verdict? A minimum of 2 years of corrective Invisalign, paired with 5 minute per day ultrasonic treatment, and possibly a couple veneers for the 2 lower front incisors at the end of those 2 years. Hopefully, no extractions are necessary.

For anyone not familiar, Invisalign are custom made contoured trays that snap onto your teeth, and you switch them out every 5-7 days with a new pair. The move and align your teeth until all in place. However, they're a pain in the ass.

You have to take them out to eat, anything! Floss and brush before putting them back in. And if your teeth are bad like mine, it's kind of painful snapping them in and out. They epoxied little knubs to my teeth that they snap onto. They remain in all the time except to eat. The benefit is that you don't have metal wires, flossing is easy, and they are supposedly less painful. Oh, and they're clear so basically invisible.

I look at this way: I could do nothing and in 2 years my teeth would be worse. Or, I can do this and in 2, 2-1/2 years my teeth will FINALLY be straight, and my bite corrected. So what's a mere $7500?

All this bullshit, on TOP of the fact that my parents never taught me about proper nutrition or how to eat properly or exercise. WTF do that when "The End" is just around the corner? So what if I was 292 lbs by the time I was 30, and looked like the Stay-Puffed Marshmallow Man? I just fit in with half the Elder Body and looked at home in the Governing Body!!!

To that I say........FUCK YOU WATCHTOWER CULT!!!!

At 31, I decided I'd had enough. I got serious about "bodily training" and went full-in on the gym, got personal training, and then finally also hired a certified dietician who trained bodybuilders. I went from 292 to 172 lbs, and was 5% body fat for a time. I'm up to 210 for a few years, only because at 6'-1" I looked emaciated at 172 lbs and people asked me if I had cancer. At 190 - 205, I look like a mini-Hulk. I'm asked once a month when I'm out and about if I'm a PA State Trooper. (it's the hair cut and Ray-Bans as well) Don't even get me STARTED on that, because as a child I always wanted to be a Trooper or US Marshall. Of course, wasn't allowed in the JW's.

So my body is pretty decent at age 44, except for this crooked-ass teeth that have been hurting me sometimes when I eat, and also chipping because of the bite, etc. No more. FUCK YOU WT!!! In 2 years my teeth with be straight. "The End" might not be here but I'll at least have straight teeth, but you'll still be a greedy, pedo-protecting, CULT!!!

I only wish my parents were still alive to not only see my progression into a healthy adult, but also to see the absolute train-wreck and clown-show their religion has de-evolved into. At least my RN mother was POMO a couple years before she died. I salute her for ordering Ray Franz's books and reading them, and then passing them onto me! I'd also like to point out, that WT HQ didn't get one red cent of $300,000 I inherited from my parents estate. Not even 1 red cent. Take THAT, you selfish greedy FUCKERS!!

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I think that feeling of wasted potential is often the worst part of it. There are so many examples, and some of them are heartbreaking, like the folks who were too old to have kids when they finally got out, and realized that they would never have children or grandchildren. It's awful.

I was kind of lucky, in that an opportunity in IT opened up for me just as I was coming to terms with the idea that I wouldn't be able to pursue a career as a comic book or fantasy artist. I was able to build a real career and am working towards a decent retirement, where I can draw and paint to my heart's content and not worry about pricing dog food for dinner.

My mother wasn't as lucky, she has remained a diehard PIMI and has spent 50+ years waiting for the end. She passed up a career as a nurse, and was smart enough to have done any number of things. But instead she has sat and waited for the end. What good would it do her to wake up in her mid-80s? All she has left, for the past 20ish years, is The New System. Everything that she could have accomplished? Too late. The clock did not run out on the world. It ran out on her.

There are so many stories like that.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Look at the teeth of the speakers used in videos. No Hollywood smiles

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Go for it! I'm certain you will never regret it!

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

DesirousOfChange: Thx, I've already started. Had them in for about a week now. Takes getting used to, plus the constant maintenance every single day, etc. But at the end, at least they'll be fixed.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

So much has been fixed when Watchtower is out of our lives!

• Reasonfirst
    Reasonfirst

My sad story of teeth hassles

Well, here I am - near to 90 y.o. Not too many bloody (original) teeth left in my mouth. I cant blame B.O.Yah entirely. I was born at the end of the depression, so not too much money* around to do or have anything, then came the war and even less money. Not much left over for a kid's teeth.

After the war I got involved with the jws, and for some stupid reason believed the bible shit. Some 10 years pioneering, with part-time work, miserly allowances, eating crap food and so on, believing that any day, we'd all find ourselves in a new world where the bloody super dentist, Jesus, would fix our rotten teeth and perform even more miracles than that. After some 40 years, belief in the divine powers of little Jesus began to fade, and soon I found myself kicked out of B.O,Y's ever-loving organisation.

The 9 teeth I have left, are all I have to chew over anything. So thanx to ol' B.O.Y and his side-kick jesus, I could finish up with none.

But, Satan's world came to the rescue, thnx to government funded programs I will soon have a set of shiny new dentures (for nix). Thank U Satan's world.

* To illustrate, my father after going broke a couple of time, got a government job as an inspector. His territory stretched some 50 miles. To get around that, the government supplied a bicycle, or else he caught a bus. Today, guys doing the same job are supplied with cars, trailers etc.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And from what I have seen, the washtowel lifestyle is hazardous to your health, especially the pious-sneer lifestyle. Getting up, wiping the sleep out of your eyes, driving to the group when it is still dark (often with people going to school) or rainy/snowy, staying out all day, being tired when you go back home, and then having little or no time to refresh oneself is not healthy. And all those snacks at Seven-11, all those poisonburgers from McDonalds, throwing a few hot dogs in the food poisoner for dinner, rushing off to a boasting session or Family Waste the Evening Night, and so on cannot possibly be healthy.

Then they discourage healthy habits. It is not just lousy health care because "the end is so near". They put down people that develop physically. Running or jogging, gym memberships or home fitness equipment, and taking vitamins are frowned on. "The time is for field circus", even if they are not quantitatively reporting time any more. And those mandatory coronavirus shots--leading to even worse health problems that will "soon be done away with". And the never being able to do enough, not being allowed to listen to real music (just jazz, if you are lucky, and Kingdumb maladies), not being allowed to watch decent movies (there are plenty of R-rated movies that are well worth watching), not being allowed to celebrate anything except that wastefest held in March or April, and the promise that all will soon be perfect that never comes true--what is there to like about this cancer of a religion?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

All this time sacrificed,,,,for which you will never,ever get back.

Thats whats so tragic.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

@Beth Sarim,

Well, I've been mentally out since about age 10. Physically out since about at 16. Researched and REALLY saw "the New Light" at about age 19, Thanks, Yahoo! search engine!! So I've actually been "out" longer than I was in. But yeah, my teeth have suffered all this time. Oh, and I've suffered in other ways due to being raised in this cult and how it's dumbass policies affected my time growing up, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit