good books?

by free will 27 Replies latest jw friends

• free will
    free will

what are some of your favorite books? especially those that help you with your spirituality? (but not limited to that genre).

i've read coc and in search of christian freedom. i've yet to read just like jesus by max lucado (?). and thanks to a similar thread, ordered illusions by richard bach.

so what else is there?

• free will
    free will

that should read just ordered, illusions...
    but ordered illusions sounds profound...if only i had the desire to write that book!

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Well, Thunder Rider's Burden of course

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

It's not a spiritual book per se, but it's the best self help book I've ever read, Feel The Fear and Do It Anyway.

• free will
    free will

thanks for the input sheila...
    i'm not very knowledgeable on books other than romance fiction. my all time fav.
    what's thunder rider's burden about? and who wrote it?

• free will
    free will

spunky - the title does sound worth a read. thanks.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Dharma Bums-Jack Keruac

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Oh yeah, I thought of another...heh heh...

My Name is Asher Lev- Chaim Potok (another poster here suggested it to me...it's GREAT)

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

some books of spirituality which have helped me in my journey

Mankind's Search For God by WTBS (i'm sure it was not the author's intention, but this book helped me to see there were many spiritual methods)

The Bhagavad Gita (Gita-society.com has a very good translation of this online free. As a disclaimer I have to say I am a member of that group)

Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna, written by "M", translated by Swami Nikhilananda

Collected Works of Swami Vivekananda

Miracle of Mindfullness- Thich Nhat Hanh

The Tao Te Ching

The Age of Reason, Thomas Paine

Leaves of Grass, Walt Whitman

Billy Budd, Herman Melville (sort of the original "American Messiah" legend)

• larc
    larc

My favorite books? Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain. Huckle Berry Finn by Mark Twain. Innocents Abroad by Mark Twain. Christian Science by Mark Twain. The Conneticut Yankee in King Aurthor's Court by Mark Twain. War and Peace by Mark Twain - hee hee!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit