Ozzie's Weekend Poll #45

by ozziepost 20 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

45 today!!!

G'day all,

Yep, we've been going for around a year on these weekend polls. Worth a celebration? Any excuse for a good red, eh? Mrs Ozzie and I have been drinking a few bottles of New South Wales' best from Tyrrell's Winery in the Hunter Valley. It's a nice red on special in bottle shops at the mo for $9.99.

Long Flat Red
    One of Australia’s first true wine ‘brands’, the Long Flat label was created in 1966. Named in honour of one of Tyrrell’s most famous vineyards, Long Flat Red now boasts an international reputation for its consistency of style and value for money, and has gone on to become an Australian icon. Tasting notes:Ruby red in colour, this wine displays blackcurrant and subtle earthy aromas. The palate is intentionally soft, the length of flavour from the Cabernet; sweet berry fruit from the Shiraz and softening effect of the Malbec results in a balanced mouthfilling wine. Importantly the finish is a balance of fruit, acid and tannins for a mellow but lingering finish. Technical information / winemaking:Long Flat Red is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz and Malbec grapes. These 3 different varieties have varying characteristics; they are harvested separately and fermented in a combination of static and rotary vessels. After the wines finish primary and malo-lactic ferment, they mature and soften in individual batches of small and large oak barrels. The final process before bottling is to blend the 3 varieties; this results in a consistent soft balance.

Alcohol level: 13.1% Acidity: 6.56 pH: 3.43 Serving suggestion:Developed as an easy-drinking style, Long Flat Red’s can be enjoyed with a wide range of foods. Serve it at your next barbeque with grilled lamb ribs and Mediterranean vegetables; also eminently enjoyable alongside grilled eggplant, oven-roasted tomatoes and herbed ricotta.

Since its inception, Long Flat Red has been awarded

1 X Gold

5 X Silver

16 X Bronze

Grape source / varieties:Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz and Malbec
    Well are you feeling relaxed? Time for us to reminisce together. This weekend's poll topic is:

What was your most bizarre Dub belief?

1. The smurfs were really demons in disguise.

2. Aluminium saucepans were not used by "true Christians".

3. Cabbage patch dolls moved the furniture in your home during the night.

4. You could be infested by demons by buying second-hand goods.

5. The safest place was in the middle of the congregation. (How on earth could everyone be "in the middle"??!!)

6. The seven bowls of Revelation were resolutions at Dub conventions.

7. 1975 (No list like this would be complete without it!)

8. Organ transplants are cannibalism.

9. Black people will be resurrected with white skin. (Watchtower April 1, 1914)

10. Other (please detail)

Mrs Ozzie and I are looking forward to reading your reminiscences.

Enjoy!

Cheers, Ozzie

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

The wine sounds like a nice drop - suitable for the memorial perhaps?

10. To this you can add the belief that was expressed to me by several 'good' JW's that Watchtower magazines will not burn. I have since disproven this urban myth - in fact they came in handy for starting many a barbecue.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I believed 1, but I've never heard 9. . . I'll be sharing that with my parents.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Ozzie, thanks for a nice little diversion this weekend. Of course, with kind regards to Mrs. Ozzie .

Rayzorblade remembers a few of the items listed, but this one I remember the most:

Imagine that? but I do recall that as a young Dub back in Atlantic Cana-duh!

• Scully
    Scully

Without a doubt, the winner is:

and as an extrapolation of that belief, was the belief of a certain elder's wife who was an avid shopper at garage sales, yard sales and second-hand or consignment shops, that she was somehow able to "tell" the undemonized second-hand merchandise from the demonized second-hand merchandise. She claimed that if you went second-hand shopping without her, you'd probably come home with something that would end up ruining your spirituality.

Imagine that! Hundreds of thousands of unsuspecting Canadians shopping garage sales every spring and summer, unaware of the danger to them..... there ought to be a law!

Good choice on the Tyrrell's Long Flat Red, Ozzie.... I've got a bottle of that waiting for the appropriate moment to enjoy it.

Love, Scully

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Top of the morning to you. Ozziepost

#1. Smurfs, we had them and collected them until the kids intersts turned into Ninja Turtle and HeMan collections

#4 Then the Smurf collection turned into, demon infested second-hand goods to be sold to unsuspecting yard sale shoppers

Scully, I bet the sister with the demon inspection powers loved yard sales

Lisa

• blondie
    blondie

I didn't believe this but I always wondered why JWs preferred the back rows then, even if they didn't have children.

5. The safest place was in the middle of the congregation. (How on earth could everyone be "in the middle"??!!)

This one I called a prestigious hospital that performed transplants who pointed out that the body did not consume/replace the cells and that was why the patient took drugs to prevent organ rejection the rest of their lives.

8. Organ transplants are cannibalism.

And this one I did not agree with but kept it to myself. I felt it was one of those prophecies fulfilled in reverse.

6. The seven bowls of Revelation were resolutions at Dub conventions.

But there was a time that I thought:

10. Elders do not lie.

No more, no more.

Blondie

• Mulan
    Mulan

4. You could be infested by demons by buying second-hand goods. (and I really believed it.........that's the worst part)

and

6. The seven bowls of Revelation were resolutions at Dub conventions. (try proving that to a Bible Student)

• berylblue
    berylblue

10. Your "Christian" brothers and sisters always have your best interest at heart

• wednesday
    wednesday

the 7 bowls of revelation were fulfilled at jw conventions. -i knew that had to be the dumbest thing in the world.

1975-never believed it at all-kept quiet, but did not worry at all.

other -there would be no sex among those brought back in the new system-wow, how are u going to stifle that urge?

and last but not least-buying anything used would expose u to the demons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit