Did You Ever Believe This?

by RAYZORBLADE 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

With all these 'apostates' receiving visits from the JWs out in their field ministry, did you, or do you remember anything vaguely reminiscent of this statement I am going to post.

More or less, that because said-Jehovah's Witnesses are inspired or have Jehovah's blessing, that they can avoid harmful situations, or have some sort of divine guidance, thus they SHOULD be able to know or sense we are: a p o s t a t e s ?

Thus, avoid us all together?

I seem to recall something like this. You know, that when we were active JW members, we would be able to avoid the house/path of an apostate by some miraculous circumstances. You know, Jehovah's direction.

There were the occasional anecdotes about seemingly miraculous interventions attributed to divine sources.

When I read more and more about Jehovah's Witnesses, still knocking the doors of us wicked apostates [sic], I have to question their own understanding/belief of divine direction/guidance.

Thinking back, sometimes those stories that were read from the podium about strange and unusual happenings with members in countries under trying circumstances: makes me wonder if they were not concocted, made-up, just that.....stories.

Has anyone felt that, or in some way remember statements eluding to what I am referring to?

Thanks!

• rocketman
    rocketman

Rayzor, I can't say that I have seen or heard such statements. It wouldn't surpise me though. Of course, since lately, as you mentioned, so-called apostates seem to be getting their doors knocked on, and if J-God is allowing this, then maybe he is testing them.

• be wise
    be wise

Somebody in my family who is very active said to me the other week, cos we got talking on the subject, that 'apostates are a religion in themselves' as his eyes were nearly popping out of his head. I just thought, 'What bullshit'.

It still shows the kind of nonsense that is filling their minds and they all get hot under the collar and defensive when you question their beliefs and blurt out the kind of gibberish you'd expect from such reasoning they let themselves be suseptable to. I know it's not their fault cos I've been their myself but it's damn frustrating. WAKE UP WE LOVE YOU.See the cheese your making me come out with.

[I'm really having girl trouble, that's were some of the frustrasions coming from but fueling a good cause I think.]

• Prisca
    Prisca

Interesting point there, Razor. If Jah's holy spirit is really guiding them in the field ministry, wouldn't it guide them away from apostates?

I remember those field service stories where the JW "sensed" that he had to do a certain door, and a Bible Study was started. Or that they were "guided" away from a certain house, only to find that a murderer was hiding in that very house.

I'm sure the stories themselves could have been true, but I doubt that they were "guided" in any way by God.

• nowisee
    nowisee

rayzor, i don't ever remember hearing that from any "orthodox" source, e.g. i don't think that the wts ever said that officially (of course, i believe i left before you did, so maybe after i left?). i did hear all kinds of off the wall statements and misconceptions from individual witnesses though. for example, one new sister with whom i was going door to door (she had not been MY student) upon seeing a statue of the virgin mary on the lawn, panicked saying there were demons all around that house. took a while to calm her down.

so who knows, maybe someone somewhere along the way said such a thing.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Brings back the smurf stories.....

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

This post is so silly and ridiculous.

How can one (claim) to know that someone is "apostate" if they do not meet?

In other words, the WT couldn't claim(and hasn't claimed that holy spirit guides people away from Apostates because if they are guided away from another person how can it be said the person they never met is "apostate". If someone is known to be an apostate then it is known beforehand.

Only in the case where someone is informed afterwards, "see Mr. X there is an apostate," that someone could say, "oh I was going to talk to him yesterday but then I bent down to tie my shoe, etc." could the entire situation arise where someone might claim that the spirit led them away from an apostate.

Silly.

It reminds me of the story the soldiers watching over Jesus' tomb were paid-off to tell and spread namely:

"We were not on guard because we were SLEEPING. Oh but WHILE WE SLEPT, we can positively identify who it was (Jesus disciples) that came in and stole his body."

Silly. A sleeping person is unconscious and cannot make such definite perceptions.

--Eduardo

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    In other words, the WT couldn't claim(and hasn't claimed that holy spirit guides people away from Apostates because if they are guided away from another person how can it be said the person they never met is "apostate". If someone is known to be an apostate then it is known beforehand.

I think the point the other posters are trying to make is that they are regarded by the JW's as "apostates," yet many of them have been called upon by JW's in their preaching work. If the angels are guiding the work, as the Society asserts, often guiding Witnesses to persons "in need of the Truth," then why do not these same angels protect the JW's by guiding them away from those who could damage their faith? ("I meant to call on that last house, but something just told me it was time to call it a day" - the opposite of the usual scenario cited in the pubs where the Witness intends to stop for the day, but decides to do "one more door," which turns out to be where a receptive person lives) That the angels are not doing this is proven by the fact that "apostates" are often called on by JW's in field service.

• robhic
    robhic

"I think the point the other posters are trying to make is that they are regarded by the JW's as "apostates," yet many of them have been called upon by JW's in their preaching work."

Just a quick question from a (usual) lurker. Is there some kind of "list" they put you on as a sort of "do not call" basis? I am not a JW but the last time a pair of them stopped by I laughingly told them I didn't have any worries because I was already annointed. I haven't had a knock on my door for a couple of months and was kinda looking forward to another little "discussion" with them using some of the newfound information I have. Nothing ugly, just a thinking contest.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Hey Rayzor....... I smell apostates here most days......! (and thats from no Divine intervention|!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit