Rate your congreagation

by Hamas 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Hamas
    Hamas

Aylestone congreagation Leicester ; what a place that was.

We were so starved for laughter we used to laugh at the slightest thing; you remember how witnesses are deprived of true humour so they must negotiate with anything they hear slightly funny ? That was what it was like for us at Aylestone.

It was like sitting in a morgue. We lost a great elder;- fantastic laugh. When he went it just went so downhill it was unbelievable. I can say it now, but most of the elders are arseholes. So wrapped up in their own little word they only come out when they are allowed to counsel somebody, not to help them.

The Watchtower was hell, so boring. The guy that done it, no disrespect, but he was crap.

There's this one guy that goes and he is the most crooked git you would ever meet. ( SAM MASON ) ooops !

Anywayz, I give it a generous 3/10.

( please mr. postman, quit bringing these bills to my house )

• freedom96
    freedom96

Four halls I attended throughout my witness career.

First: 0/10

2nd : 1/10

3rd : 1/10

4th : 2/10

I did attend a hall at times with a friend of mine growing up. It was much better than all the others. Apart from the obvious WTS teachings, as far as friendship and geniuine love in the hall, I would rate it 8/10.

• Brummie
    Brummie

I'd give mine the lower end of a 5, but thats because I am feeling mighty generous today.

Aylestone congreagation Leicester

I know an exjw that used to go there (I think it was that one anyway). I also know another exjw (was JW for 45yrs) that went to Leicester way back, how long had you been in L?

Brummie

• Hamas
    Hamas

I was there 20 years , and remember it being twinned with another congregation (Eyres Monsell) in the early days.

• Brummie
    Brummie

I pm'd you Hamas

Brummie

• qwerty
    qwerty

Are we taking on the boring scale to interesting one? 10 being best 1 being worst?

I've been in two congs .........on the Boring to interesting scale..........

No 1 - 3

No 2 - 7

Qwerty

• Hamas
    Hamas

Brummie; thanks.

I tried to reply but it keeps giving me technical jargon. I remember the woman you spoke of, but the geezer eludes my thinking. Is that just as well I wonder !?

• Brummie
    Brummie
    but the geezer eludes my thinking. Is that just as well I wonder !?

He left the WT about 4 years ago, he is a cool dude, perhaps he was in a different Kingdom Hall after all.

Brummie

• qadreena
    qadreena

Oh poor little me who hasn't posted in such a long time returns to say ......

I'll rate mine for sure

Wyken, Coventry UK 0/10 LOL

They sucked badly :( Had no idea how to treat a little rebel like me, just shunned me and wouldnt let me move to another congregation at my dads request cos I was getting more help there with my studying than anywhere else

There again, I wouldnt have left if it wasnt forthe elders decisions that I should 'Stay where my family is' so its kinda a good thing I suupose LOL

• Brummie
    Brummie

Hmmm I know exjws from Coventry too

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit