Backstabbers!!!! Any other examples?

by micheal 15 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

I have had several business dealings with "brothers" and I will never do it again. There just seems to be a bigger degree of dishonesty among them than normal business. You would think it would be different.

I know several people who have talents, perhaps mechanical, construction, and such. Many cases of where other people in the congregation felt that because they were in the hall they deserved free work.

My own father in law lost thousands and thousands because the "brothers" automatically thought it would be ok to pay him some time down the road. It never happened.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I've heard about some shady practices and so forth in our area. The only thing that happened to me was that a brother who I hired to install windows did so, then found a small defect in one window, which frankly I didn't even care about. But he insisted on ordering a new one. He did, brought it to my house, and now, despite several reminders, is still in my basement almost 5 years later. I don't know he got away with that from his supplier.

This same guy replaced my roof. I was having new problems with a seam that he did not finish properly, He came out and patched it, but upon subsequent leaks, including damage to my ceiling, he never came back.

I called another brother for estimates on some addtional window installations. He never showed up, after making two appointments. I called a "worldly" contractor, he came exactly when he said he would, and installed new windows to my complete satisfaction.

A jw friend of mine did end up taking another jw to court over some unsatisfactory work on his home. One elder basically told him not to, but he did anyway.

• Hamas
    Hamas

'GIT' basically means 'arsehole' to be polite

• Mulan
    Mulan

I used to do billing for my father, who was a doctor and a JW (back in the late 50's and 60's when I was a young teenager). I remember his getting a letter with a payment of $1.00, from a family who owed him several hundred dollars, telling him they were sure he understood that they couldnt' afford to pay more because they had to go to the District Convention the next month. He had been planning to absorb their bill, knowing they had money problems, but after that letter, he turned them into collection. If they could afford to go to an out of state DC, they could sure pay their bills. And they did, right away too.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Our congregation PO painted cars on the side. We had him do ours. He didn't even sand it. It looked horrible. Seriously, it looked like it somebody had just taken a can of spray paint to it...it was that bad. It started to flake off in a couple of days. We couldn't do anything about it, even complain (he being the PO). And, of course, being poor broke JWs, we couldn't afford to have anybody re-do it.

His name was Steve Avery, he lives in Southeast Nebraska. Watch out for him!

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Our congregation PO painted cars on the side. We had him do ours. He didn't even sand it. It looked horrible. Seriously, it looked like it somebody had just taken a can of spray paint to it...it was that bad. It started to flake off in a couple of days. We couldn't do anything about it, even complain (he being the PO). And, of course, being poor broke JWs, we couldn't afford to have anybody re-do it.

His name was Steve Avery, he lives in Southeast Nebraska. Watch out for him!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit