So the governing body is NOT inspired...are they still "spirit directed"?

by NikL 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NikL
    NikL
    punkofnice 4 hours ago

This is a get out clause to avoid law suits.

Unfortunately I tend to agree with you Punk.

However, I do think this is a really good get out of jail free card for people wanting to leave. Seriously, how could you be brought in for apostasy for disagreeing with some element of doctrine? They are imperfect and make mistakes, and as was painfully brought out in the study yesterday, we are expected to READ the BIBLE and USE our BRAINS.

I seriously think that if someone wants to fade it's easier than ever. As long as you aren't "apostatizing" in the congregation.

Of course if friends and family avoid you on their own, there isn't really anything that can be done about that I guess, unless it's to pint them to the study article from the Jan 2017 WT on free will which states in paragraph 15 ...

RESPECTING OTHERS’ GIFT OF FREE WILL

15 One of the limitations on our freedom is that we must respect the right that others have to make their own decisions in life. Why? Since we all have the gift of free will, no two Christians will always make exactly the same decision. This is true even in matters that involve our conduct and worship. Remember the principle found at Galatians 6:5. (Read.) When we recognize that each Christian must “carry his own load,” we will respect the right that others have to use their own gift of free will.

• moley
    moley

It seems to me that this is a "get out of prison card". They can whip this quote out as and when needed. Won't make any difference to the faithful as it will just go in one ear out the next leaving little to no recollection it was ever said

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

When we recognize that each Christian must “carry his own load,” we will respect the right that others have to use their own gift of free will.

So that means now that if person wishes to leave the JWS for another faith be it Christian or not they wont be publicly ostracized and disfellowshiped, so their own family members wont shun them either ?

Sounds like the GB are talking through both corners of their mouths.

I can see these corrupt lying bastards make statements like this then back off, only to once again bring these statements up when cornered in a court of law.

• Londo111
    Londo111

If Watchtower theology were true, then the stakes for recognizing God's channel have never been higher. In the first century, if people didn't recognize the inspired apostles, they would come back in the 1000 years. But if people don't recognize the uninspired Governing Body, it means eternal destruction (which Anthony Morris will assist in).

If the stakes are that high, why aren't the Governing Body inspired in this time of all times?

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

@ DATA-DOG:

"We don't know WTF we are doing, and we never have. CTR made a shit-load of money, and somehow we've managed to make a shit-load by getting into the Real Estate biz with the "merchants of the Earth." Heck, we just do what the Rothschilds say! After all, religion is an excellent way to control large amounts of the population!"???

At least they would be telling the truth.

• punkofnice
  • sir82
    sir82

That's one of those questions I'd love to be able force (maybe with Wonder Woman's golden lasso) a member of the GB to answer:

"Please explain, Biblically, the exact difference between "spirit anointed" and "spirit directed"."

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Yes of course,...in the notion of JW the phrase "is not inspired" means that God doesnt dictate us what we write or say (God dictated only directly the words of the bible writers in their notion) ...[nothing new].. wherease of course the phrase "spirit directed", means that the spirit directed us to find the right decision for the benefit of the preaching work in our office as ruling authority e.g. the spirit directed the GB lately in the decision to withdraw from New York and to invest in Warwick. [also not new]

"spirit anointed" however means the the privilege of partaking at the memorial of Jesus death as a brother of christ.

The spirit doesnt dictate the GB what to do but triggers and unleashes a certain holy useful activity in them. The GB is used by jesus to create and trigger useful explanations about knowledge of truth, what is a process of historical growth.

The clarifcations of doctrine has never been a process where the GB ALONE decided without asking the brotherhood about their opinon.

• evilApostate
    evilApostate
    wherease of course the phrase "spirit directed", means that the spirit directed us to find the right decision for the benefit of the preaching work in our office as ruling authority e.g. the spirit directed the GB lately in the decision to withdraw from New York and to invest in Warwick. [also not new]

Therefore, when Watchtower made the decision to coverup child sex abuse or to send home bethelites or to impose a ban on blood which kills many, they are being directed by holy spirit.

Wow! Thank you for such wonderful insight.

• Trev
    Trev

In the small book named, You can live forever in paradise on earth, page 195 says, " gods visible organization today also receives theocratic guidance and direction... being governed theocratically, they follow the example of the early governing body in Jerusalem, who's decisions were based on God's word and were made under the direction of the Holy Spirit."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit