USA- Liberator?

by proplog2 33 Replies latest social current

• proplog2
    proplog2

Don't get sucked in by the propaganda that the USA is some kind of benevolent angel promoting freedom for a world suffering under ruthless dictators.

Do you remember the Shah of Iran?

Do you know anything about how he came to power?

Have you ever heard of SAVAK? The Iranian Police agency, trained by the CIA to shut up any opposition to the Shah.

Just do a search on IRAN & SAVAK & SHAH.

The United States continues to sell weapons to dictatorships around the world.

I have pointed out that the USA seems to fullfill the description of Babylon the Great:

1. Richest entity on the face of the earth.

2. Has hegemony over all the nations of the earth as the sole superpower.

3. Blood Guilt as a consequence of supporting (in-bed-with) repressive elites in countries with vital commodities.

If you have a better fit for Babylon the Great can you defend it?

• dubla
    dubla
    Don't get sucked in by the propaganda that the USA is some kind of benevolent angel promoting freedom for a world suffering under ruthless dictators.

Do you remember the Shah of Iran?

Do you know anything about how he came to power?

Have you ever heard of SAVAK? The Iranian Police agency, trained by the CIA to shut up any opposition to the Shah.

Just do a search on IRAN & SAVAK & SHAH.

The United States continues to sell weapons to dictatorships around the world.

thank goodness someone took the time to point these things out....i hadnt heard this argument before now, and my eyes are finally starting to open. <----see them?

aa

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    If you have a better fit for Babylon the Great can you defend it?

Bad 'shrooms, long camel ride in a dry desert and no oasis in sight....

See this link:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/49940/1.ashx

• proplog2
    proplog2

Teenyuck:

Revelation is too systematic and structured to be "nothing but" a halucination. It carefully draws on Biblical themes and symbols in a very orderly development.

The writer of Revelation may have been Schizophrenic but more than likely not on drugs.

It doesn't matter what the alleged source is IF it comes true.

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie

Since we're using popular fiction as a prophetic tool, I would like to submit the following: I have read the complete works of Dr. Seuss and have determined that America is the great and powerful figure symbolized by "The Cat in the Hat". Think about it:

1. Both have red and white stripes on the item that is their unique identifier.

2. Both have gone into other people's 'houses' and engaged in behavior that has led to destruction (see pg. 14 of 'The Cat in the Hat' where TCITH nearly smashes the fishbowl, and pg. 17 in 'The Cat in the Hat Comes Back' where he topples the coat rack, causing havoc on the family's outerwear organizational system).

3. Both have tried, and succeeded, to push their cultural traditions on others. For God's sake, "Green Eggs and Ham" is the most powerful allegorical work I have ever read concerning the insistence of foreign parties that people adopt despicable habits and tastes.

It's right there in front of your faces, and you refuse to see.

• sf
    sf

prop,

Just wanted to make certain you read this out of the news recently; I posted it in another thread that is buried now:

[[ 21st century US troops stand in ancient Babylon
    Minneapolis Star Tribune, MN - 22 hours ago
    ... US troops ... led a command convoy north of the city to the famed ruins of ancient Babylon.
    The once-walled city, site of the biblical Tower of Babel ...
    Suspected torture site discovered - Chicago Sun Times ]]

sKally

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Sara--I love your wit!

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Yes, I remember the Shah of Iran. The Saha was the first Arab leader to allow citizens to own land. Did you know that? And to allow private ownership of once State ran businesses.

Compared to what is ruling Iran now, the Shah looks good. History shows that the area in question is riddled with power hungry dictators for hundred of years.

You harp on the Shah, however the replacements are worse. This shows the fallacy of your claims.

The only propaganda I see is your narrow view of History. The US is the most benevolent World Power in History. Wwll proved this, with aid in the area of defense and general humanitarian efforts.

Is the US perfect? No. Not even the Swiss can claim this, now that the scandals concerning WWll profiteering has came to light....

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Well, since we are at the top, it has to be expected that everyone will take pop shots at us. Thats fine. Proplog, if you would rather have China or Russia as the worlds top dog then I really worry.

Prop, would you care to list the attrocities of Stalin or Moa??? The US is hardly the worst. Oh well. It will never get through to you.

• Realist
    Realist

thichi,

i don't think your knowledge of the shah is too profound.

you should read this pbs review about irans history in the 20ties century.

http://www.pbs.org/visavis/BTVPages/Theislamicrevolution.html#Short-lived

by the way...there are no arabs in iran.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit