Were the elders informed about the construction shutdown?

by LevelThePlayingField 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• brandnew
    brandnew
    The wbts.....NEED TO BE TRANSPARENT, AND SHOW WHAT THEY GOT..!!!!!!!! WHY SO DAMB SECRETIVE ??????
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Why ? ... because its a self serving indulgently corrupt religious publishing house.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    The local needs tonight were interesting. Putting aside everything else mentioned ie importance of preaching, meetings, fellowship etc reference alluding to the situation with the building projects was remarked upon initially by saying 'despite rumours heard,'.the preaching work is.....and our ministry is.....and so forth. Then several mins and scriptures later....the brother mentions how the preaching work takes precedence over building projects! (cat out of the bag moment to those listening). The talk cleverly iced over the real issue of building projects being halted. To R&F, it was an encouraging talk re focus on preaching etc
  • TheListener
    TheListener
    They are really pumping them up with spiritual caffeine over the past couple months. My wife's involvement has went up significantly over the past 2 months. I am just waiting for the pendulum to swing back the other way when they all get tired out.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Personally I think this stop on building is to pretentiously appeal for more money.

Look what we've had to do brothers and sisters, the organization is so poor we cant build new facilities and Kingdom Halls, yet the real hidden truth is that the WTS. org has never been richer.

A slight of hand of deceit one might say.

Remember boys and girls giving your allowance from your parents is better spent giving it to the organization than unimportant things like candy and treats. So give the money you receive from your parents to a more worthy cause like to Jehovah, in the long run you'll appease him and your parents in doing so.

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

Heard a well-connected elder asked Jehovah in his prayer to help the brothers deal with their disappointments. The person who told me knows I know more about jw.org than before I faded so she asked me what his prayer could mean. I tried to break the news to her gently telling her I sure hoped it wasn't because they began building the tower without calculating if they could finish it.

I don't believe a letter is necessary. Elders can't keep a secret. J-dubs love to gossip. Everyone is going to know someone affected. Layed off people are going to start turning up in congregations and finally.... this is BIG news! Jehovah's chariot is having mechanical problems.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

we have decided that your special pioneer assignment will conclude on January 1, 2016. Up until then you will continue receiving the usual monthly allowance.

This is basically a "kind" way of saying stock up on Vaseline while you are getting your check.

Rub a Dub

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

wheelwithinwheel - "Jehovah's chariot is having mechanical problems."

"We are experiencing technical difficulties... please stand by."

• committeechairman
    committeechairman

No, we were not informed. I heard it first here (along with hearing about the Oct 4th letter here first) and then heard the next day from someone else with connections to a branch office.

As a matter of fact, the reason I stumbled on this site in the first place was looking for a copy of a km that I couldn't get online for some reason. Then I learned that I could get most information in advance here and between that and learning TTATT here I'm on almost daily now. Look at my previous posts and you'll see that I'm still very heavily involved in the organization mainly because (a) I want to keep my family and (b) if I can help one person make sense of this madness all the insanity I put up with is worth it.

CC

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Well my hat goes off to you, committeechairman, and welcome! :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit