new arrangement - chairman

by inbetween 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• inbetween
    inbetween

A thought on the emphasis of the importance of the new chairman Arrangement at the midweek meeting:

It reminds me of a TV-Show, where the Showmaster introduces TV-Clips of some Topics.

Is it maybe a preparation for Meetings with more and more Videos ?

And all the local Brothers are doing is introducing them, creating anticipation for what big skydaddy prepared this week.

I wonder, if most of the Meeting times in years to come will be Videos anyway....

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov
    It's pure marketing. And being honest, it would not be a good idea to capture a real congregation. First the privacy thing and two it would be a humor movie with crazy answers, bloopers etc etc. That's not in line with the nearly perfect touch and feel of jw broadcasting.
  • bradford
    bradford

I think you are spot on. More videos, less input from local elders, more deliberate and controlled indoctrination.

The percentage of tie-ins, videos, and manuscript style talks will gradually increase as the ship sinks.

• Elisa1966
    Elisa1966
    No local needs ??
  • wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

No local needs ??

• Island Man
    Island Man
    Local needs are still there. It's mentioned in passing, in the instructions for carrying out the meeting.
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen

The future for JW meetings:

KH lobby will have an attendant take your money/donation.

You find your seat

The lights go out

the meeting/ movie begins

the movie/meeting ends

the lights come back on

time to visit

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    chairman of the bored ?
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

3rdgen;

Yes, I think you have it. With the ATM machines now situated in KH lobbies and now widescreen TV's also now installed in KH lobbies they very well may be moving to a more video-based meeting system. More indoctrination to make things more awe-inspiring in a way.

• sir82
    sir82

With the ATM machines now situated in KH lobbies

Seriously? Where have you seen this?

I've only seen them in assembly halls.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit