French Mustard

by TorturedSoul 10 Replies latest social humour

• TorturedSoul
    TorturedSoul

The makers of French's Mustard made the following recent statement:
    "We at the French's Company wish to put an end to statements that our product is manufactured in France. There is no relationship, nor has there ever been a relationship, between our mustard and the country of France.
    Indeed, our mustard in manufactured in Rochester, NY. The only thing we have in common is that we are both yellow".

• Celia
    Celia

The American "French" Mustard will never be mistaken for the real "French" Mustard made in France.... even the color is different.... and the taste The first time I ate some American "French" mustard, I almost spit it out.... it has nothing in common with the real "French" mustard from France I was used to eat for the last 30 years.... Now I get the American "French" mustard for hubby, and mine by mail from Dijon, France....

• Simon
    Simon

That's funny. Even funnier would be calling it "Freedom Mustard" so that pro-war people could buy it

You have to give the French credit. When it comes to food - they rule. America and England are p.poor by comparison.

• Celia
    Celia

Simon....... when do I get my french flag under my name ?

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I thought French's promo was pretty funny...I read it in the paper a few weeks ago.

French’s Mustard

George J. French introduced his ‘French's mustard’ in 1904, the same year that the hot dog was introduced to America at the St. Louis World's Fair.

I am sure that most americans don't know that the mustard they know was created in the US by a guy named Mr. French.

You have to give the French credit. When it comes to food - they rule. America and England are p.poor by comparison.

I won't give the French credit for food. They take it way to seriously. When a chef kills himself over his star rating being lowered, I have to wonder....

Personally, I like Mexican/Spanish and Italian better. Keep your frogs legs and brie.

I do understand your not liking British food...from what I have read it sounds gross.

At least we gave you the hot dog!

• DJ
    DJ

wow, Simon........I beg to differ! The French haven't a clue how to cook. They just drown everything in butter. The Italians are the chefs, lets just get that one straight, ok?

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

ahhh but simon, they cant do fish and chips like us!

• Matty
    Matty

A Melton Mowbray pork pie with a huge dollop of real French mustard - yum, you can't beat it!!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"The French haven`t a clue how to cook.They just drown everthing in butter."...Someone needs some lessons in Classical French Cuisine..Could that someone be DJ ??..LOL!..I`m trained in Classical French Cusine..I do enjoy good Italian food though,and can cook it..Italian Chefs,like French Chefs like the ingredients very fresh "From the ground"..I forget the Italian phrase for it...OUTLAW

• larc
    larc

The plain yellow mustard most people buy is OK, because I grew up on it. However, there are some very good mustards made here in the States. My local grocery store carries about 30 different types. My two favorites are Ball Park Mustard and Stadium Mustard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit