25 years …of “anointed remnant”

by MacHislopp 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

He did - AND he is one of the very "insiders", being a personal friend of GB members, Nazi survivors etc., and having travelled as a CO for 55 years (!).

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

It's very strange - but things are "constantly getting worse" if not "going from bad to worse" - I've always wondered a bit about that one, because if things constantly are getting worse (and by all means, I have experienced some REAL bad things which isolatedly seen would substantiate such a claim) - how come we're still around and haven't perished altogether?

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

What a ridiculous conclusion! I know at least some here are smarter than this.

Your assumption that the rate of decline would be constant fatally undermines your conclusion. The underlying basis of the number are human beings which have a definite FINITE life-time.

Currently there is no mechanism to replace large numbers of the 144,000 class (anointed).

Therefore, If we use 80 years old as the average present age of the classmembers (reckoning from 1935-the date when they are viewed to be sealed up as a class by JW teaching). This means that the entire class is due to die out probably 70% in the next 10 years, 20% within the next followin 10 years, and all classmembers will likely be gone by the next 35 years or by the year 2040.

-Eduardo

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Therefore, If we use 80 years old as the average present age of the classmembers (reckoning from 1935-the date when they are viewed to be sealed up as a class by JW teaching). This means that the entire class is due to die out probably 70% in the next 10 years, 20% within the next followin 10 years, and all classmembers will likely be gone by the next 35 years or by the year 2040.

The problem with that reasoning is this: We can assume, as you suggest, that the average age of current members of the class is 80, and we may not be too far off in doing so. But we are talking about a class whose members were defined in 1935. The average age of class members in 1935 was certainly not 12 (which is how old a person who is now 80 would have been then). The ages in 1935 were widely distributed: there were old, young and middle aged members of the class. Therefore, the death rate over the years should have been far more even than it is, and the only ones left now should be those few who were very young in 1935 (too young, in fact, one might argue, to have even been baptized and thus members of the class at all). That has clearly not been the case. In fact, what we see today are "anointed" ones of all ages, with possibly a weighting of the average toward the elderly. But I have personally known some "anointed" who are my age, and I'm only 51. So, if the Watchtower's interpretation is to be believed, the vast majority of today's "anointed" must have been replacements of those who fell away since 1935. And, to make matters worse, the numbers keep increasing!

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello NeonMadman

thanks for your comment. very interesting.

I do entirely agree with this:

"So, if the Watchtower's interpretation is to be believed,

the vast majority of today's "anointed" must have been

replacements of those who fell away since 1935.

And, to make matters worse, the numbers keep increasing!"

And on top of it I have given in other topic the numbers of

"anointed" increase in the last 50 years.

For this reason too, I have posted today ...the enigma.

Thanks again,

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• hooberus
    hooberus

It might make a good witnessing tool to find an actuarial graph, which shows in graph form (and not just number chart form) the life -expectancies of a group of people alive at various times.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit