Jehovah's Chariot slams into reverse!

by apocalypse 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    The chariot had a vw engine in it. Now it's in for repairs.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

stuckinarut2 - "...The contradictions are amazing in 'witness world'. If there are many halls being built, and an expansion in numbers, it is because of 'Jehovah's blessing'. But if the work gets slowed down, it is because of 'Jehovah's direction'..."

"Everything is proof that we're right, even when it's not!"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Crazygyuy...

Don't know if that's the best analogy; I've actually found German automobile engineering to be pretty sound.

To be honest, "Jehovah's Chariot" is feeling more and more like a f**king Pinto. :smirk:

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

I'm hoping that the eldubs will see this reversal to be the large "take the money and run" scenario it truly is, and perhaps spur a greater defection from their ranks. I think that would do more to wake up the rank & file as it would hit them closer to home.

I know it will never happen, but just imagine the fallout if an entire eldub body resigns -- right after sharing their reasons with the entire congregation. The stuff dreams are made of.

• OzGirl
    OzGirl
    "Do you think this means that the Org will be giving back all the money which they got from the congregations for the purpose of building Kingdom Halls?" - The Searcher

Excellent question!

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    For no particular reason, I have to tell you that in my part of the world, one's chariot is one's favourite bed in which to indulge in a little horizontal jogging..
  • username
    username
    Yep. I can here the "beep beep, warning vehicle is reversing" getting louder everyday.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Last Sunday we studied how Jesus is directing the slave to build an average of 5 kingdom halls a day since 2000. Why has he changed his mind and gone in the completely opposite direction?

It's amazing that the way Jehovah directs this organization is completely indistinguishable from what it would look like if God was NOT directing it or involved in any way, but that it is run by seven clueless, uninspired buffoons with no business savvy or financial acumen.

What an awesome and subtle God we worship!

• skin
    skin
    As far as i have heard, no witness in my area knows about this building work coming to a stop.
  • leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

If I were a full-in JW, I would respond by quoting Ezekiel 1:17: "When they moved, they could go in any of the four directions without turning as they went." That means forward, left, right and backward. If I were a full-in JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit