Jehovah's Chariot slams into reverse!

by apocalypse 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

The question I will be asking dubs at the hall this week is, "Since Jesus is directing the slave.... why has he done a 180..?"

Last Sunday we studied how Jesus is directing the slave to build an average of 5 kingdom halls a day since 2000. Why has he changed his mind and gone in the completely opposite direction?

If this 'change' is not securely lodged in their craw by the time I am through, then I will eat my hat.

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

Evidently Jehovah’s chariot has been stolen and the thief is pulling U-eys

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Or.............................."Do you think this means that the Org will be giving back all the money which they got from the congregations for the purpose of building Kingdom Halls?"
  • apocalypse
    apocalypse
    I wanted to announce I was retiring and am accepting gifts. Have a retirement shower. Then, change my mind. But I'm keeping the goods.
  • westiebilly11
    westiebilly11
    ..evidently jehovahs chariot has become latest victim of the vw engine scam....it suffers toxic emissions and poor mileage.....dodgy...subject to a recall by manufacturer...
  • snugglebunny
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

SEARCHER: Or.............................."Do you think this means that the Org will be giving back all the money which they got from the congregations for the purpose of building Kingdom Halls?"

I'd love to be able to ask that of a few diehard JDubs.

Doc

• millie210
    millie210
    The chariot runs in circles...
  • Ding
    Ding

It's an article of faith with JWs that the WT is God's organization and that he is behind whatever the FDS does. The idea that the WT is a cult run inconsistently by 7 men is never considered.

So when the WT is expanding (number of halls, district and circuit overseers, etc.), JWs see it as kingdom expansion in the very last days, proving that the end is near.

But when the WT is contracting (same critieria), JWs see it as increased kingdom efficiency just before the great tribulation, proving that the end is near.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread!

The contradictions are amazing in "witness world".

If there are many halls being built, and an expansion in numbers, it is because of "Jehovah's blessing".

But if the work gets slowed down, it is because of "Jehovah's direction"

Double speak at its classic best....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit