Curious about Abortion Stand Now

by Oroborus21 24 Replies latest jw friends

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Realist: By the time most women know they are pregnant that "clump of cells" is moving. and has a heart beat!

As for me I don't want to go back to the time of women dying from self-inflicted trauma trying to induce abortion, so many children were left without mothers.

I have my own personal views on this and feel that heavy couseling should be offered and other options.

I also see so many children being abused and being mistreated and wonder...

But I feel that if there was a move towards personal accountability many things would change. Do I want a child or woman to not have options NO, do I want doctors basically delivering a child and murdering it NO DO I WANT PEOPLE TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR SEX LIVES YES

All I know is I was 18 when I had Melanie and never regretted it I miscarried our third child at 3 months and never has forgotten it and then there is my grandbaby who is perfection. But with both my daughter and I we were mature enough to take our situation and make it a good thing not compound it by more immaturity.

• Realist
    Realist
    By the time most women know they are pregnant that "clump of cells" is moving. and has a heart beat!

yes i know....but some people take the abortion pill right away. also at several weeks the embryo has no functioning nervous system thus does not feel pain.

• freeman
    freeman

I was once asked by a women if I felt abortion should be allowed or disallowed and my response was simply “well I don't know if that's up to me, it is the law of the land after all”. She was very pleased with my answer. That is until I asked: “do you think parents should be allowed to legally kill their children regardless of the age of the child, or should there be a cut-off age, perhaps 18 or 21?” She was not happy with me, I wonder why.

Freeman

• Realist
    Realist

freeman,

don't you think there is a slight difference between killing a fully developed human and an embryo who cannot feel pain?

• freeman
    freeman

Yes I think there is in fact not a small but a very large difference between the two. The only reason I made such a provocative statement to that woman was just to get her to think and reevaluate things. I also was busting her chops because sometimes I just like to kibitz.

I won’t impose my beliefs or non- beliefs on people but I do strongly feel people need to show responsibility, particularly in areas involving their health and life and death. Before I was married I was very reckless and I could have impacted a lot of lives adversely including my own. Fortunately that did not happen, I was saved through dumb luck, so as far as I know there are not a bunch of little Freemen running around. Now my children are entering an age when they have the ability to very easily screw-up their lives with one foolish act. I hope they will be responsible, because sooner or later luck runs out.

This reminds me of something that happened many years ago. My wife had a miscarriage and we were told in no uncertain terms that we would not see our child in the resurrection due to the fact that it never drew its first breath; it hence was never a living soul. Oh how comforting that elders words to us were in our time of grief…NOT!

Based on that logic, abortions at virtually any stage should be ok for a JW. Then again this is the twisted world of Tower logic, black is white, up is down, and the truth is in fact as we all know, a lie.

Freeman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit