The lord of the rings

by BlackWolf 34 Replies latest social entertainment

• BlackWolf
    BlackWolf
    Now that I've found out ttatt I've been indulging in a lot of so called "spiritistic" entertainment lol. I recently watched all of the lotr/hobitt movies and man were they awesome!!! Who knew spiritism could be so much fun lol. So far I have not experienced any "demonic" activity in my home XD I think I will watch Harry potter next what do you guys think??
  • Simon
    Simon

I remember our youngest deciding he wanted to watch LoTR one Saturday when he was about 5 or 6. We thought it might be too scary but he was engrossed and watched all 3 extended editions and loved them.

The Harry Potter movies are very good. They start cutesy when the kids are little and then get darker as the story progresses. All of them are really well done in their own way.

You can skip Twilight though and your life will be better for it. Trust me. It's utter crap.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Movies are great, but read the books. J R R Tolkien was a professor of linguistics. His invented Elvish language is probably as well developed as Esperanto (and sounds better).

I'm not a huge fan of Harry Potter, but my son and granddaughter love it.

I agree with Simon about Twilight.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Has anyone else seen Dark Water with Jennifer Connelly? Seriously, I was jumping like I had electrodes attached!
  • Mephis
    Mephis
    Would try the His Dark Materials series if you're catching up some with fantasy stuff. There was a film made, but watch out for the BBC series coming within the next couple of years. It should be most excellent. If Stardust was on the verboten list, then that's not so bad either for a film version of the book.
  • Question_Mans_interpretation
    Question_Mans_interpretation
    Hey don't put the twilight series down guys this is a lady you are giving advice to. Blackwolf I think you would immensely enjoy the twilight series, don't count them out.
  • FeelingFree
    FeelingFree

Yes def watch Harry Potter, they get better as they go on. I would also recommend the TV series True Blood. It's brilliant!

I'm currently watching Buffy the vampire slayer as I never was allowed to when I lived at home! It's rubbish but also good if that makes sense.

Speaking as a girl I agree with QMI I shamelessly loved twilight!! Also Vampire Diaries and The Originals (Im a teenager at heart!!)

If you like reading at all I recommend Tad Williams he does some epic fantasy book series full of magic etc. Also Robin Hobb is brilliant. Read Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings as the films miss parts out and change them about.

I love stuff like this and always did when I was still in......now I don't need to feel guilty!!

• Londo111
    Londo111

Yes, Robin Hobb's books are awesome. In particular, the Liveship trilogy.

Tolkien would be shocked to hear he was "promoting spiritism". LOL.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I know loads of Witnesses that watch LOTR & The Hobbit. It's rare to find anyone open about Harry Potter though.

• FeelingFree
    FeelingFree
    Loved that trilogy Londo! It's almost been long enough for me to read it again. Yey!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit