Operation "Change meeting infrra-weekly" is a smokescreen

by LaFrancia 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Umber: The end of the Watchtower as we know it is not that far away.
    For the first time, I really do believe they are going to dissipate and they may have the odd convention, but they will be the "internet religion".

I agree.

I think that the entire religion that we know as the Jehovah's Witnesses is a smokescreen.

Everything about the WTS is smokescreen - nothing is as it seems. It appears to be a religion, but it isn't. The "religion" is the smokescreen, and, like Umber said, they will become a cyber religion with a strange, weird, murky past. New and improved, re-born...and the Jehovah's Witnessess will fade to an obscure cult of the 20th century.

In the meanwhile...the Watchtower Corporation will continue to run business as usual...under the fractured umbrella of corporate sructures.

The 'religion' will dissipate somewhat...it wasn't the main concern, anyways. The money has been, and is, the main concern. Anything of value has already been splintered off into other corporations. "The Christian Congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses" can go extinct and the WTS will still survive...behind more smokescreens.

Yes. The meeting change that just took place is a smokescreen. A calculated one. For what? I am not sure...but it will be for something that none of us expect. The magicians' hand waving is far too active...and lots of hands are waving...construction, preaching, meeting changes....whatever is going on...the audience is and will be amazed, no doubt, with the results.

Something is happening and I don't think it is anything at all what we expect. Just my opinion, of course.

• Magnum
    Magnum
    Yeah, I believe it's a smokescreen, too. But I also believe it's possible (as somebody has already mentioned on this forum) that the legal dept had something to do with it. I think they didn't want the word "school" to be associated with any of the meetings because being a school could in some ways make them more legally liable.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    I completely disagree with the premise of the OP. The org knows that the rank and file dont give a damn about how many bethelites were sent home from wherever. This isn't the first layoff from bethel and it dosent cause waves for the average JW. Changing meeting names and all the shuffling around to distract from a nonevent would be pointless. They had reasons for the change but that aint it
  • Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman

Changing the format of a meeting doesn't really distract from anything.

Too many ex-JW's see a conspiracy where there is none.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I'm starting to suspect that all the smoke, mirrors, and misdirection have all become so habitual that they don't even know why they do it anymore!

• deegee
    deegee

Here are some comments from another forum regarding the reason for the scrapping of the Theocratic Ministry School:

"I keep wondering why they have dropped the Theocratic Ministry School name, and while I am uncertain of the exact format, it seems to me that children are excluded from the presentations and women are just collateral damage in that they get limited exposure for talks. In Australia if you run a “school” then those in charge have to get police background checks to work with children. If kids are excluded then might it be that elders need no longer submit themselves for police scrutiny.

When this was first introduced the WT fought the new law tooth and nail. How dare the Govt think that they have some say in who might be eligible for positions in the KH. Since they couldn’t get out of it they have cooperated but with sullen resentment. I wonder if that will now change since the new arrangement “seems” to omit working with children?? Without that check the Congregation has no idea who might be in charge since the WT seems to have an asymmetrical view of who qualifies for positions.

I have known of one instance where a molester who had abused his daughter(s), but had a builders ticket that was wanted by Bethel for a construction project. He was not d/f’d and kept in good standing in his hall to enable this use of his ticket. The R and F, never knew. So much corruption, the end always justified the means."

"YOU HAVE HIT the PROVERBIAL NAIL on the HEAD!!! EXACTLY … The WORD… ‘SCHOOL’ had to be REMOVED otherwise because of Child Protection certain Laws by Governments would have to be implemented so … BINGO!!… We all have a NEWLY WORDED MIDWEEK MEETING !! The Watchtower LAWYERS are Covering the GBs Back at every turn!!! It Happened back in Rutherford’s Time & still happening !!’ Trouble is the ordinary publishers aren’t aware of the SHENNANIGANS behind Closed Doors of Watchtower Lawyers Offices & then it is packaged up as NEW LIGHT or JEHOVAHS CHARIOT Moving Forward !!!"

"As the saying goes: “you never see smoke without fire”!

SMOKE: new name for theocratic ministry school.

FIRE: “In Australia if you run a ‘school’ then those in charge have to get police background checks to work with children. If kids are excluded then might it be that elders need no longer to submit themselves for police scrutiny.”

The new name for the theocratic ministry school is more than likely just a legal workaround/ legal gymnastics at its best – how clever!"

"The GB are Now TERRIFIED to have the Word … SCHOOL in any of their Meeting Names as then it IMPLIES Teaching Children which LEGALLY REQUIRES CRIMINAL RECORD CHECKS on ELDERS which could be Embarrassing if An Elder was found to Have a Dodgy Past!!"

• Magnum
    Magnum

Thanks deegee; makes sense (see my post above).

LaFrancia: in europe brotherhood is very concerned about the turn that events are taking within the organization.......

Please, keep us posted on the feelings of JWs in your part of the world.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

LaFrancia - "...in europe brotherhood is very concerned about the turn that events are taking within the organization..."

Reminds me of the European Bible Students after Rutherford overhauled the religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit