Operation "Change meeting infrra-weekly" is a smokescreen

by LaFrancia 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LaFrancia
    LaFrancia

the operation "change midweek meeting" probably was a move to divert attention of the brotherhood from layoffs to betel and the ranks of special pioneers, a smokescreen for the pedophilia scandal !!
    Operation "Change meeting infrra-weekly" is a smokescreen

what do you think ?

• onightdivine
    onightdivine
    They just changed the names. The cowsh*t is still the same... but sisters in the cong did have those "ooooh" and "aaaahmazing" facial expressions while listening to the announcement.
  • LaFrancia
    LaFrancia
    in europe brotherhood is very concerned about the turn that events are taking within the organization.......
  • LaFrancia
    LaFrancia
    if they are confirmed cuts of betel Germany 25%, England 30% and Italy 25%, it is the largest cut staff ever happened in our organization. We are in the middle of a pure operation of mass distraction
  • username
    username

Unfortunately (and not without reason) a lot of the time people want to see want THEY want to see. For example, there are some who are so angry (justifiably) at the deceit that the watchtower has used when we all put our trust in it and will see every change as the watchtower in trouble and its about to crumble.

Then there are ones who realize the only way to live somewhat of a normal life is to try and let things go. I totally recognize and empathize how hard this is, especially when loved ones are involved. All we can hope for is more and more people realizing just how big a sham the watchtower really is.

Jefferey Jackson mentioned in his testimony the immediate aftermath of 9/11, there was a spike in new members. When the next big attack happens, this will happen again. At this moment in time religion is on a downward spiral, the watchtower is included in this trend.

Sometimes, the only thing we can do is stand back and be a spectator,the watchtower will not be running out of money anytime soon, not with all the shares and the 80,000 real estate properties in its portfolio. It's a sad fact put unfortunately a true one.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Spot on!
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

The meeting "change" has been a long time in the planning, that's clear from the amount of material already produced.

I have also ready stated on here a couple of times that announcing the Bethel cuts as close as possible to the AGM and the meeting change does allow for the distraction of the latter to dilute discussion of the Bethel cuts. Don't forget as well that if you are not close to people in Bethel or have your ear to the JW gossip network then you may not have any inkling of the cuts and slowdown in construction.

The critical question is how long the cuts have been planned. Is it a knee jerk reaction to some sudden realisation about finances or has it been a plan B for some time? My gut says the former since I think they could have slowed some construction down far sooner if they knew they were likely going to cut the workforce.

Either way, I don't think the timing of the announcement about cuts was coincidental. I think it was made as close to the AGM and it's announcements as possible but not so close (i.e. 2/3 days before) so that it was all that was being talked about.

The current saying of the moment is about how fecking fast the chariot is moving and how we all need to be running around like demented chickens trying to keep on board. The GB have created this sense of momentum and the R&F have caught onto it. The only problem with this is having to keep introducing change to keep the sense of momentum up. It is already getting to the point of change simply for change sake.

• One_day
    One_day

I had a young work mate who was also an elder. I got on quite well with him.

He was in a constant state of excitement about the number of changes occurring. It made him excited because "the end was sooo close". I would light heartedly rip him off by telling him I'd seen it all. I would call myself a child of the Armageddon generation, 1975 and all that. I would tell him to come back and talk to me after he's seen as many changes to the 'generation' as I have.

But there will be just too many changes, it will tire out the faithful and without a doubt there has become a great disconnect between elders and publishers. The end of the Watchtower as we know it is not that far away.

Jehovah will simply not tolerate this situation for too long. He has promised to look after his sheep.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I totally agree that everytime the WTS makes a change the rank and file think the end is coming immediately. I've seen myself that the a lot of the rank and file have stepped up their activity level in the last couple months. We'll see how long this lasts before they tire out and it all becomes mundane again.

I remember something similar when the separate bookstudy night meeting was cancelled. Everyone in my area thought that big A was going to happen immediately - or at least the nearest October :)

Dubs love October

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

The end of the Watchtower as we know it is not that far away.

For the first time, I really do believe they are going to dissipate and they may have the odd convention, but they will be the "internet religion".

Speaking to some people only this week who are fully convinced of the WT's perfectness, some being elders wives, ministerial servants and such...

All of them have said that the preaching work is about to stop in the near future, this is preceded by the Jeremiah like proclamations of doom and condemnation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit