WELL BEARDS ARE STILL A NO NO!!!!!!

by DwainBowman 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

I do remember a thread on JWN about the non-letter the CO was reading to the BOEs that if a jw had a transfusion that is was now considered that they were disassociating themselves no to be disfellowshipped by the BOE with poi a JC procedure.

My husband was an elder then and the CO held up a piece of paper and read from it to that issue. bleMy husband could see through the paper that it had official WTS letterhead and remarked on how it was not a letter. He was kicked under the table by another elder. The CO said that they were not going to be given a copy of the non-letter.

Of course, now that point is now in the new secret elders manual, not available to anyone else. It was not read simultaneously to the BOEs.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I'm not a bit surprised that the answer is no.

Anyone who read between the lines of the paragraph about beard should have come to that conclusion. It read, "It's okay", but meant, "Don't!"

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS has long said even if the bible says you can't do it, it is your right that is, that if you could stumble one person, you should not insist on your "rights."

w06 4/15 pp. 13-16

• How Can You Make Decisions God’s Way?

• We can find many principles in God’s Word. To be sure, we may not find a text that specifically addresses our situation. Still, we can read about how some people obeyed divine guidance and how others ignored divine warnings. (Genesis 4:6, 7, 13-16; Deuteronomy 30:15-20; 1 Corinthians 10:11) Reading such accounts and analyzing the outcomes, we will perceive divine principles that can help us in making decisions that please God.

Take as an example a brief conversation that Jesus Christ had with his apostle Peter. The men collecting the two drachmas tax had asked Peter: “Does your teacher not pay the two drachmas tax?” Peter had answered: “Yes.” Shortly thereafter, Jesus asked Peter: “From whom do the kings of the earth receive duties or head tax? From their sons or from the strangers?” When Peter said: “From the strangers,” Jesus told him: “Really, then, the sons are tax-free. But that we do not cause them to stumble, you go to the sea, cast a fishhook, and take the first fish coming up and, when you open its mouth, you will find a stater coin. Take that and give it to them for me and you.” (Matthew 17:24-27) What divine principles can we find in this account?

By asking a series of questions, Jesus guided Peter’s reasoning: As the Son of God, Jesus was tax-exempt. Although Peter had initially failed to grasp that point, Jesus kindly helped him to do so. Faced with a mistake others make, we may decide, in imitation of Jesus, to treat them compassionately rather than harshly point out their fault or condemn them.

Peter could then see the reason for paying the head tax—not to stumble others. Here is another principle we can glean from this account. Taking into consideration the conscience of others is more important than insisting on our rights.

(Remember just reporting, not supporting, Blondie)

• TD
    TD

The last time I cared to check, slightly more than 1/2 the adult male population in the U.S. had facial hair other than a mustache, which makes the JW's strict observance of shaving a social custom unique to their faith.

Paradoxically, JW's still proudly declare that they follow only the Bible and not the creeds and customs of men.

• blondie
    blondie

It's not whether any man has .a beard but whether they are a reputable businessman, etc. The more conservative the jiob is viewed, the less likely a non-jw man will have a beard.

Newsmen still are 99.9% clean shaven by request of their employer. There are a few exceptions but few. Our local newsman returned from a hunting trip out west and showed up on screen with a beard; the next day it was gone per empl.oyer request

Brothers can have beards but won't be used for any privileges. Few exceptions past the congregation level.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

I went to a recent CA and noticed a handful of young brothers sporting beards. The last few years no guys had beards. I think a trend is forming.

I know a couple of older (50-60's) brothers from two different halls starting to wear beards. These guys are both long time publishers. One of them is pushing the issue because he knows the Org has no real case against beards. I found out that if you are enrolled in the TMS and you have a beard you will not be able to give your part. They will assign someone else to do it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

blondie - "The WTS has long said even if the bible says you can't do it, it is your right that is, that if you could stumble one person, you should not insist on your 'rights'."

Ugh.

I hate how they put the word "rights" in "quotes"...

...implying that "rights" are actually "bullshit".

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit