WELL BEARDS ARE STILL A NO NO!!!!!!

by DwainBowman 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness 007
    Witness 007
    What about pubic hair can we shave our privates or is that un-natural....now I have to ask the C.O about that.
  • freddo
    freddo

In defence of Dwain and to parry Barrold's assertion.

Often whacky stuff would go in a letter to just CO's - especially stuff from a branch and not worldwide. He will then tell the Elders and possibly MS's. Remember "the Metrosexual tight pants" malarkey? That was through CO's at E&MS meetings.

My guess is that the CO is telling them that beards are a no-no on assembly platforms and at circuit level (where all aspiring Elders and fast-track MS's want to be) and then the minimal intelligence elders will follow suit at "their" congregations in most cases.

They've caused themselves yet more damage aboard their "ship of fools".

Good!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Next time I see my CO I'm going to ask him if there's direction from headquarters on how to properly wipe my ass.

• vivalavida
    vivalavida

Germany also has no problem with beards "mostly". I was in a Saarbruecken congregation where the Watchtower conductor sported a full beard. No problem. It is not a general thing though. It is more the exception than the rule.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Seriously, this is just like the scribes and pharasees...."making endless rules" and "binding heavy loads on the shoulders of men"

WAKE UP witnesses! This kind of inappropriate control over personal choices is a sure sign OF A CULT!

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

If the Bros across the board grow a pair and all grow beards the problem would go away quickly. They need the bros to teach. Would they disqualify ALL of them? I think not!!

My beard was what started our walk from watchtard a few months back. Mind you we had not been to meetings of any kind in 6 months prior, but the beard started a rumor mill that culminated in the wife and I walking. Such a stupid rule. They need to stop having pics of ancient bible folk with beards. Even in the December broadcast they shows some fictional bible dude WITH a beard. They should stop doing that if they aren't going to allow beards worn by men.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Witness007 - "What about pubic hair can we shave our privates or is that un-natural...?"

"Brazen" conduct, probably. :smirk:

• sir82
    sir82

If Sir82 says it's not in the letters section, I'm calling bullshit. There's no reason to make that letter super secret or just give it to the CO's.

COs get lots of stuff that "regular" elders don't get.

The outline for their Friday night meeting with elders goes to COs only. Elders are not even allowed to look at the paper.

It sounds like something the US branch would do.

Our CO visit is coming up in a few weeks. I can let you know what happens, unless it's not necessary due to others confirming it here.

• tiki
    tiki

I still would like to know what it is about beards that gets them so bent out of shape!?!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ tiki...

They don't want men to be too good-looking. :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit