By the way, it was my birthday yesterday.... April 8th, 1969

by anti-absolutist 13 Replies latest jw friends

• anti-absolutist
    anti-absolutist

It's weird that, 11 years after getting df'd,and 8 years after vowing to never go back, I still kind of felt guilty toasting my birthday with my friends. I am a HELL of a lot closer, though, to feeling no shame at all, and a lot of you are to be credited with my freedom.........

Brad

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Feel the guilt, feel the shame, feel the wrath of Jehover

But just in case you don't feel any of the above....ENJOY! Have a beer on me buddy!

enjoy Brad

... kinda looks like Las Vegas, eh?

• anti-absolutist
    anti-absolutist

Thanks Rayzor,

I don't and I will have a beer on you. Thanks, Brad. GLUGGLUGGLUG...AHHHHHHHH!!!

Thanks

By the way, I live in London, Ontario and I would LOVE to meet up with some in this area. You are from T.O., am I right. Let me know

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hi Brad, yes, I am in Toronto.

Oh...btw...I sent you a pvt. msg. in your Inbox via this forum.

Check it out, and if you wish, get back to me.

Happy 34th!

• onacruse
    onacruse

Brad, I felt somewhat the same way when I bought my very first b-day card for Katie a couple of months ago. Not guilty, but weird. Sort of like when we hung out our first string of Xmas lights.

Congrats.

Craig

• berylblue
    berylblue

Happy birthday!

Rosemarie

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

Happy Birthday Brad! You are exactly 1 month older than me!

I hope your B-day was a great one. I've still yet to celebrate my birthday openly. My last real birthday party was when I was 4, and I can't wait to have one again someday!

• shera
    shera

HAPPY (BELATED) BIRTHDAY!!!

Don't feel guilty,enjoy yourself and many more to come..okies!

• teejay
    teejay

(belated) Happy Birthday, anti-absolutist!

I feel the same about my birthday. After being told for years that it was just another day, it’s hard for me to get worked up about it. Hope you had fun, though. It’s NOT just another day.

• Mystery
    Mystery

I had a glass of wine last night - toast to your B-day. I knew there was some reason I had it. HAPPY BIRTHDAY (Its hard to believe birthdays are wrong when your 2 teenage sons come and jump on your bed, especially on a Sat. morning!! (March 29th) and yell Happy Birthday MOM at the top of their lungs. They didn't have to add the "man you are old!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit