More help needed at Warwitch

by DwainBowman 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

Well when they first started the Warwitch project, only the cream of the crop were allowed to go. They read a letter this week in my area, inviting all brothers in good standing, to go to a special meeting for anyone with building experience. They must be desperate, to allow the low life plain everyday sheeple's to volunteer!

I guess they really thought lot's more sheeple would just drop everything and run up to Warwitch!!!!

Dwain

• Giordano
    Giordano

I wonder if the soil contamination is a factor.

By Hema Easley
    Times Herald-Record

Posted Jun. 8, 2015 at 7:27 PM

WARWICK - The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is suing International Nickel and several of its affiliates, which it accuses of contaminating land where the religious group is now building its massive 1.6 million-square-foot world headquarters.
    The 252-acre property on Kings Drive was previously owned by International Nickel, which operated a research and development site and a foundry there between the mid-1960s and mid-1980s. Watchtower, better known as Jehovah’s Witnesses, purchased the property in 2009.
    In the lawsuit, filed in federal court in New York's Southern District, Watchtower says International Nickel operated a wastewater treatment plant at the site to handle effluent, and also owned underground tanks to store fuel and other hazardous material.

Watchtower claims that International Nickel discharged petroleum, including oils containing polychlorinated byphenyls - or PCBs - into the waste water treatment plant, and into the soil and groundwater, thereby contaminating the environment at the property. PCBs, which are probable human carcinogens, according to the Environmental Protection Agency, were banned in the United States in 1979.

http://www.recordonline.com/article/20150608/NEWS/150609481

• sir82
    sir82
    Come on up brothers, Jehovah will protect you from the toxic chemical stew that we are building on!
  • Stealth
    Stealth

I can see the GB members discussing the purchase of this land.....

GB member: "Well we do have this issue of contaminated land however we have done that ourselves."

GB member Lett: "Well I really like the idea of living on a road called 'Kings Drive'. How appropriate, this must be a sign from Jehovah.... let's buy it!"

other GB members: "Yes this is surly a sign from Jehovah, after all, we will be kings with Jesus! So it's unanimous, we will buy!"

I hope they all get the cancer of J.F. Rutherford at their Kings compound!

• Gayle
    Gayle

Isn't it law now-a-days that properties have to pre-checked or examined for this before sale?

Also, why is the WT rushing in on this to move in, only to have to tear apart, possible evacuate in process thru all this. If they believe it's contaminated, who would want to move in themselves and get others possibly contaminated?

• Gayle
    Gayle
    They admitted they didn't want to "wait on Jehovah" about getting & moving into this property.
  • WireRider
    WireRider

I am confused. The WT is having 100s of volunteers come to work on a waste dump that is so bad that they are also in the middle of a lawsuit for toxic clean-up. Does anyone see a problem here? Is there a real ethical/moral problem here? Maybe they can't hire anyone because the companies and unions refuse to work in a toxic was dump. Get the JW volunteers to do it, they control them, they're expendable. It's only a little cancer. The lawsuit and clean-up will likely drag out for 10 years or longer.

Laying off thousands on the left and stopping all building, and on the right begging for money and asking for volunteers to work in toxic waste dump bad enough to file suit. The new world wide headquarters of the Watchtower is being built on a toxic waste dump ... that sounds about right. If you ask me it has Jonestown written all over it.

• WireRider
    WireRider
    Wouldn't you have the toxic waste dump cleaned BEFORE you started building? What about the contamination under the buildings they already building? I would never go there for anything. Stay away from the kool-aid.
  • DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

I don't think the soil contamination is a factor, at all, the WT, is suing, to get back the money they have spent cleaning up the site! According to friends that I have on the inside, that's a non issue! The EPA or NY's copy of it, would have stopped the work on the site, if it had been a real threat to anyone there now!

The new site in England, will have to have, ton's of soil removed, due to the close to 100 years of it being a junk yard, for old cars, leaking all kinds of stuff. you could probably set the ground on fire if you tried hard enough!

I am by no means defending the borg, but truth is truth!

Dwain

• WireRider
    WireRider
    Can you sue someone for the cost of clean-up if it is free volunteers? I assume someone saw the property and realized how much work it would take to clean out existing structures. Of course I would like to think they had an inspector check the property before closing the deal - but oops.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit