Feng Shui, anyone?

by MoeJoJoJo 15 Replies latest jw friends

• MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

I've been reading a little, its interesting. I can see how keeping clutter out of your home & using certain colors on the walls can reduce stress in your life. I don't quite understand the whole windchime thing. And how do I figure my Kua number: I was born in 1970 and I'm a woman because that's supposed to tell me if I'm an East person or a West person and what my not so good directions are.

• Robdar
    Robdar

MoeJo

I tried giving the Feng Shui a go a few years ago. It only confused me when I tried to follow the directions of how my house is laid out. I think that someone should write a "Feng Shui for Dummies" book.

Robyn

• Prisca
  • Robdar
    Robdar

Prisca,

Holy Shiite! Thanks!

Robyn

• MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

Thanks Prisca, I may need one of those, and hey check it out they're 30% off!

Hey Robyn, if you get it figured out, let me know.

• COMF
    COMF

Robyn, come on down from that Missouri and help me channel ki into my k'un quadrant.

I wrote about this on H2O two or three years ago. It was a post entitled "Fenged Up For Shui", in which I told the story about my then-live-in-lover arranging things in the house feng shui-style, and what happened immediately afterward. It ended up with me saying, "I don't believe in this stuff, but I'll tell you this. If I'd gotten even half the result from my prayers that I got after arranging for feng shui, I'd still be a Christian."

• Robdar
    Robdar

Comf,

You got some ki that needs channeling? I think I've got a conduit or two that might be of help to you.

You will have to tell me about your experience with Feng Shui. I am intrigued by you your previous message.

Robyn

• manon
    manon

I eat this stuff up hook, line, & sinker. I arranged my living room in a sort of feng shuiesque method and I truly love it. It's a very open and inviting room all I need to add is a water element to it.

• MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

manon are you going to do an aquarium or fountain?

• manon
    manon

Mojo,

I have a fish tank in my living room already but I don't consider it mine since it's my husbands hobby. So I do have a water element, but I want one to be mine.

So I'm looking for a water fall that isn't gurgley or too drippy in sound I want something soothing and soft to the ear and pretty to look at. But I haven't found anything that I like yet.

Feng Shui brings a sense of comfort and ease it make a room feel like if you want to be in it all the time. I tend to enjoy cool colors in room. When I rearranged my space I only brought in some plants and aromatic candles also some chimes I kept some of the furniture some I got rid of inorder to make it more spacious and simple.

Feng Shui is fun. Tell me about your projects.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit