Have I lost myself?

by icebuddy 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Hello Icebuddy. A fellow newbie loves company.

-GitaSatsangha

• dedalus
    dedalus

Icebuddy,

See, already the apostates are on your thread! These humorless worms will only corrupt you. Francois is the worst of them, too. Make sure to put on an extra layor of spiritual armor, especially the breastplate of righteousness, before posting here!

Brother James, good to see you active in the ministry! I've already gotten most of my time for the month, thanks to some unbaptised people in chat. Isn't the work of our Savior grand?

With much agape,

Dedalus

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Hello Icebuddy.

Welcome on the board, I hope you'll have fun and I'm sure you will make some interesting friendships here. Feel free to ask any questions that are on your mind, there will for sure be someone that can give you a satisfying [I know I spelled that wrong, but I can't figure out for the life of me what the correct spelling is ] answer.

Viv.

• dedalus
    dedalus
    [I know I spelled that wrong, but I can't figure out for the life of me what the correct spelling is]

You spelled it correctly!

I once forgot how to spell "chicken." I wrote the word down, and kept looking at it, thinking, "that can't be right." It was, though, it was.

Dedalus

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

icebuddy, Welcome to the forum! Hope you find yourself (I'd look in the pantry, if I were you -- if I'm lost that's usually where I can find myself, or any leftover chocolate). This is a group for EX-Jehovah's Witnesses and significant others, for the most part. According to the Society, we are NOT good association for anyone who is trying to keep a straight face and good attitude at the Kingdom Hall. If you stay here, you will learn amazing things and, yes, you will learn THE truth about a lot of things you may be taking for granted right now.

Ice, I was raised "in the truth" and pioneered for 13 years. My father was an elder for 40 years. I am speaking to you from a position of wisdom in the matter: stay on this forum and read with an open heart. You will learn amazing things. You will NOT lose your faith in Jehovah, in fact, it may become stronger, but you will see the people who claim to act on His behalf in a whole different light.

Good luck in your journey,

Nina

• Valis
    Valis

hey ice welcome to the forum..One thing you will find here is a wide variety of people here...mostly XJWs, but a good group nonetheless. You will find the merry pranksters, the serious debaters, scholars, fluff magicians, people like Francois that either had too much prune juice this morning or simply not enough, some hot chicks like Vivamus, understanding ones like cruzanheart, smart ones like gita and on and on...I hope you enjoy your time here and staick around long enough to make friends.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Francois
    Francois

Valis,

It was too much. Thank you for warning the newbie.

francois

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan

Welcome to the foruM!!!

• bk62
    bk62

Now why did you mean guys and girls have to go and scare away that nice ice dude?? :-Þ

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I was nervous approaching the platform. This reading could change the entire spiritual outlook of everyone in the auditorium.

Beads of sweat began to form on my forehead as I opened the Bible and began to read the following passage:

Ice Ice Baby Vanilla, Ice Ice Baby Vanilla
    Ice Ice Baby Vanilla, Ice Ice Baby Vanilla

Yo man -- Let's get out of here! Word to your mother!

I strode off the platform, with my head held high. My sacred task accomplished and secure in the knowledge that pearls had been thrown I ignored the curious stares and found my seat. But will they ever know the real me? Will they ever know about the man inside who loves "Muskrat Love", cries at movies and picks his toes while watching "Friends"?

Let 'em wonder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit