disgusting comment made

by SpiceItUp 24 Replies latest jw friends

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I recall as a young child in the late 1940 early 1950 era, that getting married and having children was frowned on. I recall my mom criticizing my older siblings for wanting to find mates. The standard reason was that, ARMAGEDDON was just around the corner and one needs to spend their youth and energy on preaching the troof.

JGnat I find your comment disturbing, in that it made me recall the detached attitude of my mother towards me, when I was in my 5 to 16 year age bracket. This was when I most needed parental approval and affection. I then adopted this detached mind set, to save myself from the constant barrage of criticism, because of not meeting everyones demands regarding the religion.

Unfortunatly I also was detatched from my own children in the 1960 1970 decades. This realization has caused me many nights of feeling guilty and ashamed of my actions. Although all of my children, are all good people and good citizens. There is not the close bonding that I see in other families. Unfortunatly 3 are still in jw chains.

I can not stress strongly enough, to all that may read this, that loving your children, (even if they do not meet your requirements), is the most important emotional support and education you can give them. Then they can do this for their children.

Outoftheorg of the "if only I could do it over again" class

• freedom96
    freedom96

I had a friend who has a couple of young kids, and they are all moderately active. The parents are worried what would happen to the children if they ( the parents) died. The kids have grandparents, but because the grandparents are inactive, in the event they die, the parents have it written in a will that the kids will be raised by someone in the hall who is active, instead of their flesh and blood grandparents, who are great people, just inactive.

I feel so sad for the family, I love them dearly, but they are so blinded by the organization.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire
    openly displayed, openly voiced horror

IOW, you can hypocritically bad-mouth anyone who is pregnant but don't do it openly. Typical disgusting blabber from god's mouthpiece(of caca). No wonder COs and DOs felt so comfortable spewing their fecal matter from the platforms. Basically, it is okay to view someone's getting pregnant as horrible. But just don't tell them to their face.

Freedom, don't worry about those grandparents dear, no one from the hall would take anyone else's children unless there is good reason ($$$$$$).

• Bendrr
    Bendrr
    because "they may grow up out of the troof".

I used to think my parents' attitude towards me was unique or at least rare. The years have shown me it's pretty common among dub parents. Assume the worst and deal with them in that manner. I remember a drama back in must have been the late 70's in which the narrator said something that always stuck with me. "...casting him in the mold mentally and then reacting towards him in that manner...".

(someone give me props for using their own words to condemn them please before I get sick at the realization that now I'm lifting my material from 20+ year old dramas)

The dubs need to wake up to the fact that if they tell their kids that they are bad often enough, bad kids are what they will get. No, wait! I said that wrong. The dubs need to keep telling their kids they are worldly. Absolutely! Attention JW parents! Tell your kids daily that they aren't good Witnesses! Just keep on like you've been doing. Help us free them! Yeah, that's more like it.

Mike.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Of course, I was raised by parents who in turn had a strict Presbyterian childhood. Praise was scantily given, one did not want to "spoil" the child. Hugs were rare, too. I still have that "go higher, do better, don't expect any praise" tape recorder in my head. I like to think I improved on the mold. And my daughter is turning out to be an amazing mother herself.

We can't turn back the clock. The best we can do is make it better for the next generation.

• MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

((((((outoftheorg)))))

this brought tears to my eyes, how true:

I can not stress strongly enough, to all that may read this, that loving your children, (even if they do not meet your requirements), is the most important emotional support and education you can give them. Then they can do this for their children.
  • asortafairytale
    asortafairytale
    in the event they die, the parents have it written in a will that the kids will be raised by someone in the hall who is active

My mother did that, too. If anything happened to her, I was to be raised by an elder and his family.

But, after my mom was DF'd, the family said they wouldn't be comfortable with that arrangement, becaue of my mom's "status". Ironically, the oldest girl in that family has been df'd for about 4 years, and is known around town for her um...partying skills.

~Asortafairytale~

• myself
    myself
    Katie discussed with myself for ever being "in"...........gerrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Me too Katie!!!!

I can't imagine my life without my daughter. So many passed up a wonderful role of being a parent, because they let others discourage them in something they want. Now so many years later, there must be many who regret that they let that time pass only to be alone in their later years.

• els
    els

I remember in 1969 when my oldest sister and her husband were expecting that there were comments made about how "unwise" it was to have children then. Their son is now almost 33.
    I also remember when my children were little and my brothers children were just a little older. There were things said about how I was raising my kids. They felt I was too lenient because most of the time I just ignored bad behavior and hugged and kissed them too much. I told my brother that we would judge parenting styles when they were grown up.
    Well, he doesn't know where his 25 year old son is and his 22year old daughter moved away and is living with a "worldly" guy. Meanwhile my 22 year old daughter is graduating college on May 17th and we talk almost every day. My 18 year old son is in the Army Reserves and still hugs me goodnight willingly.
    When they were born I decided that we were going to have a real connection. Not just me reacting when they screwed up like it was for me growing up. els

• Beans
    Beans

If pregnant JW housewives would stop reading Crisis of Conscience and Apocolypse Delayed secretley out loud these things wouldn't happen!

Beans

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit