I took Communion today..........

by Dawn 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Dawn
    Dawn

It felt very weird NOT passing the plate on empty handed - almost like those dreams where you are in school and realize you have forgotten your clothes - very strange feeling.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Did it taste good? Grape juice or wine?

• nowisee
    nowisee

dont worry, you will get used to it.....

• manon
    manon

Catholic communion or jw passover? If catholic what does it taste like? Always wanted to try it.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I did when I was a kid. I was part of a catholic wedding (pre-jw) and I took communion. About 10 minutes later I puked it all up on the front steps of the church. I thought it was gross.

Kansas District Overbeer

• DJ
    DJ

Dawn,

I am so happy for you! I haven't yet but I know that I will soon. I am still looking for a church that doesn't flip my head out too much. lol. I remember feeling very close to you a while back when you shared with us about the time that you took your first communion at home. It was very moving to me and I'll never forget the sweetnessof that. You did right today! Praise Jesus!

• bebu
    bebu

Congratulations, Dawn!

I read my husband the thread up till now, and reminded him that JWs aren't supposed to take part in the communion unless they KNOW (somehow!?!) that they're of the annointed.

His response, "Wow, they take 'Passover' quite literally, don't they?!"

I'm glad that you are enjoying your rights as a member of the body of Christ! (((hug)))

bebu

• mouthy
    mouthy

((((HUG)))) Dawn!!! I guess you listened to Jesus!"Do this ALL of you" I guess your an ALL!!!!

Glad you sat at the family suupper with us !!!!

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Isn't it great not to watch the wine and bread go by...welcome to the family!

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

w00 h00! Congrats!

Welcome to the family of partakers!

Yizuman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit