Weekend shot to hell by a simple knock on door

by goofy 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Maverick
    Maverick

Dear Goofy: Let's set aside the whole witness issue for a moment. You are a woman and men showed up at your door unannonced and uninvited. I have some lady friends and I would never do that. A call first, everyone has cell phones, and only with permission. They, as men, were out of line, period, end of story. A lady always has the right to refuse to open the door to anyone. Write them a note and tell them to learn some manners! Maverick

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I usually looked out my front window to see who is knocking,.If their not a friend or invited guest I don`t answer the door..I just look out the front window and chuckle at who ever is knocking..When they see me and realise I don`t care if they`re knocking at the door,they go away..LOL!...OUTLAW

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Well, I think you did the right thing by not answering the door. I woke up this morning with a migraine and looked like something the dogs had rolled in, so I figured this would be the day the elders showed up, but mercifully they didn't. Only Jesika, Alex and Jessie, and they were nice about it. It is YOUR house, YOUR life, and YOUR front door (but you really do need opaque curtains, hon), and you have the right to open it or leave it shut to whomever you choose.

Lots of love and wishes for a happier weekend next time,

Nina

• goofy
    goofy

Thanks everyone for listenning. Be Wise I think I may try your idea of writing things down and then looking at it later. It might help, my head is pretty screwed up at the moment in life. MoJO, thanks for the invitation to talk. Hey where do you live, (city)? I wish I knew some of you here in my city, but I need to be careful right now.

• be wise
    be wise

Please do, I really feel for you personally.

I took a very long way round. The more honest you can be with yourself the better, although it can seem to be the hardest thing to do. Face your problems head on and you will gradually come to see them for what they really are , run from them and they will eventually eat you up.

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

I wont hide from them , then they feel that they have boxed you in. I will meet them at the door and say I am not intrested in talking religion. but if you want to go to the gun range [ I have my own gun range on my property] I would be more than happy to throw some lead with you. lol

• patio34
    patio34

Why is it that we feel compelled to answer the door or the phone just because someone wants to barge in??!! Whatever happened to privacy and calling ahead for permission, or an invitation?? Goofy, the shoe should be on the other foot! You should NOT feel any guilt or discomfort over anything--they should for their rudeness and presumptuousness!

Your home is your castle! At least you don't have alligators in the moat to eat them up. What hubris for them to assume they would be welcome. Why couldn't they CALL? What rude people!

You: quit feeling guilty over someone else's arrogance--please!!

Pat

• JT
    JT

goofy your exp is shared by many - could you shoot me an email, would like to touchbase offline

thanks

[email protected]

• rocketman
    rocketman

Goofy, I agree with all the posters here, especially those who mentioned that you need never feel obliged to answer your door. It's your property, your time. You are in control. Also, this unexpected calling binge that they are on is getting irritating. I have a note written and taped right above my doorbell. It says: "JW elders, please do not call today. You have called six times in the past two months. Thank you". And that's no exaggeration, they've been calling on me that often, even though I have been attending some meetings. Twice, they came while I was at meetings at another hall, when I decided to attend a moring meeting for convenience reasons.

Finally, I got tired of it and put that note up. They don't care about common courtesy like arranging a visit ahead of time. All they care about is their own agenda, and that means trying to catch people unaware.

• riz
    riz

goofy

don't worry about hurting their feelings. you have to actually have feelings for them to be hurt.

anyway, it's your house. why do you feel you have to open the door and basically hand them an invitation to wreck your life and family?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit