Anybody have any success getting their records from the society?

by anti-absolutist 13 Replies latest jw friends

• anti-absolutist
    anti-absolutist

I'm writing a book and as a part of my book I would like to list my personal records with the borg. However, I have had no success so far getting the records from the WBTS. I live in Canada and they were brutal to deal with. The headquarters in Brooklyn were nicer, but could that possibly be because they knew that I had no chance of making their life difficult, since they are in a different country altogether?

Has anybody here gotten the records, (service report, disfellwshipping records, etc.) from the org. before? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Brad

• berylblue
    berylblue

Yes, I would also like to know exactly how to do this. I want mine back. Although maybe I AM a little crazy (see different thread) if I think I'm going to get them back.

Rosemarie

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

other than some judicial records, maybe appointment dates..........i doubt the

society has records on you....you would go to your cong for service records

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

Just in the process of doing it. We have very strict laws here in the UK as per my previous posts. I have written to my old cong to ask for them but they are charging me, wait for it...........£10 (about $13), depending on what they hold on me I poss could have grounds to take further legal action on them !

E Mail me direct on the forum and I will try and keep you posted on how it goes.

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

In fact as per above, if and when I get them you are more than welcome to a copy for your book !

• JT
    JT

unless you were a major player in wt world - CITY OVERSEER, SUB CO, REG CO- BETHELite- WT HAS no record or idea who you are-

rarely does a branch deal with a local jw- they don't consider you worthy of their time sad to sad.

all records and judical letters are kept locally- the only thing wt has are the s77 cards if some type of judical actions is taken-

only APPOINTED MS, ELDER. pioneer ARE on record at bethel, rank and file jw are basically UNKNOWN TO MOST branches and HQ--

unless you had some judical case and the local elders had to contact bethel would be about the only time your iusses would reach that level in the org

in typical judical case the local elders handle it, some may consult with the CO and perhaps write a letter to bethel seeking directions

but if it is a sex, drinking or low level apostate case most local elders will handle it and records of such a case are on file in the hall and the branch was merely notified with the BLUE ENVELOPE- smile

bethel tries to keep as much locally as possible less legal back lash- most of the Juicy stuff is in the HALL FILES-

i don;t know what level you reached up the wt corp ladder- but the further down the food chain one is the less wt deals with one--

my wife and i just recently got our Publisher Record card along with a DOG LETTER OF INTRODUCTION, i sent a PHONY LETTER to the hall requesting my records- it was great nice little color letterhead, color envelope, nice letter indicating that Lady "C" and I were attending the Hall and they needed to get our card and letter of intro, it took them 6 months to write- they aplogized for it taking to so long, but they went on to dog both of us in their letter, i had it sent to a former elder/jw house, it was the funniest SH!T I have ever read

they think we are now living down south- we love it-

If i were you and you are sure that the branch has any letters on your, you can almost forget the WT Legal dept approving of releasing records on an Inactive JW-

don't hold your breath

just my 2

JT

• JT
    JT

unless you were a major player in wt world - CITY OVERSEER, SUB CO, REG CO- BETHELite- WT HAS no record or idea who you are-

rarely does a branch deal with a local jw- they don't consider you worthy of their time sad to sad.

all records and judical letters are kept locally- the only thing wt has are the s77 cards if some type of judical actions is taken-

only APPOINTED MS, ELDER. pioneer ARE on record at bethel, rank and file jw are basically UNKNOWN TO MOST branches and HQ--

unless you had some judical case and the local elders had to contact bethel would be about the only time your iusses would reach that level in the org

in typical judical case the local elders handle it, some may consult with the CO and perhaps write a letter to bethel seeking directions

but if it is a sex, drinking or low level apostate case most local elders will handle it and records of such a case are on file in the hall and the branch was merely notified with the BLUE ENVELOPE- smile

bethel tries to keep as much locally as possible less legal back lash- most of the Juicy stuff is in the HALL FILES-

i don;t know what level you reached up the wt corp ladder- but the further down the food chain one is the less wt deals with one--

my wife and i just recently got our Publisher Record card along with a DOG LETTER OF INTRODUCTION, i sent a PHONY LETTER to the hall requesting my records- it was great nice little color letterhead, color envelope, nice letter indicating that Lady "C" and I were attending the Hall and they needed to get our card and letter of intro, it took them 6 months to write- they aplogized for it taking to so long, but they went on to dog both of us in their letter, i had it sent to a former elder/jw house, it was the funniest SH!T I have ever read

they think we are now living down south- we love it-

If i were you and you are sure that the branch has any letters on your, you can almost forget the WT Legal dept approving of releasing records on an Inactive JW-

don't hold your breath

just my 2

JT

• anti-absolutist
    anti-absolutist

JT, isn't it funny how ironic that is?

My family finds me to be so potentially a negetive influence on them that even though I am going through a divorce and my wife is keeping my kids away from me unfairly, THEY STILL WON'T TALK TO ME!!!!!! And yet, other than the shunning thing I am but a speck of dust on the ground.

Yet another example of the COMPLETE HYPOCRISY of the JW organization!!!!

Anybody else have any ideas?

Brad

• minimus
    minimus

All the JC records stay at the cong. that did the judicial action......JT, I've got a ? for you. What about if they sent a CO in to make a special comm. remove you? Would any records be there at headquarters? I think so, in that case, esp. if you were the PO, like I was.....smile....

• garybuss
    garybuss

DOG LETTER OF INTRODUCTION

Huh? Dog letter???? What's this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit