We are Jehovahs Witnesses.........

by JW72 14 Replies latest jw friends

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster
    Jan, Like it or not, u can't get those bastard tunes out of your head when they're in there.

Well, that's what brainwashing will do to you. Drums that stuff right in there. Just think what studying the same books over and over and over and over and over and ..... did.

. o O (slipnslidemaster)

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

G'day JW72,

Jan is right you're a sick bloke but rest assured the cures are many and varied. Some even work. The one I recommend is buying a few Nick Cave CDs and playing them over and over - they piss all over Dylan and 'll hit buttons deep and long forgotten.

Then forward you apostates ever strong of heart... groannnn

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

After seeing one parody of a TV show where faces was substituted for feaces I was forever changed. I couldn't help each time we sang that one song thinking the words "flint like are their feaces with no hint of fear". It put a whole new light on bearing up under adversity.

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• philo
    philo

::Then there were the complicated ones, that only the Old fogies knew how to sing(badly,still)
    ::There was always one(usually old) who sang WAY louder than anyone else!!

JW72,
    That's how I remeber it too. But you forgot about the mad foreign sister who sang in her own language!

Here's a repost of mine from H2O. I love dissing the Kingdom Songs - I just hate them so much.

Though I am no longer a JW or feel any loyalty to the Watchtower, many of you, both within and without the organisation, will identify with my nostalgia as I mention the lost joys of the Kingdom songs.

We were no heavenly choir. In our reserved English congregation, it was considered acceptable to turn the pages and breathe in time. That is with the laudable exception of the older ones. With almost perfect pitch, and a rough but natural unison, these wide-legged old timers, propped like assembly loudspeakers, filled the air - the humid air - of our low-ceiling kingdom hall, with praise. Their siren-tremolos inspired us all.

If most of our performances were indifferent, at least the songs themselves were special. We learned that they were pure and untainted by any of the supposedly great musical influences of this world. They were presented to us, on their release, not as the products of artistic genius, but as the sincere efforts of devoted brothers. Most of us, especially those with musical ability, unanimously agreed with this.

After the release of the Kingdom Melodies (orchestrations of those songs) surprisingly few brothers actually listened to the recordings in their cars, at work, or at cosy Christian socials, as had been envisioned by The Society. They were intended to create a Kingdom atmosphere, on demand and with push-button convenience, an harmonious spiritual background that would counter the insidious influences of the world. Dosing from your personal collection of Kingdom Melodies, we were informed, could treat our secret sins, if we had any. Masturbation stands prominently in my memory in this regard. This method of quenching the towering inferno that is the adolescent sex-drive, must certainly have originated with Jehovah in some indefinable way. But I wonder what sort of well-meaning brother on the writing committee actually devised that musical fix-it.

philo

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Gonna wash that cult right outta my hair
    Gonna wash that cult right outta my hair
    I'm gonna wash that cult right outta my hair and send it on ti's way.....

Venice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit