More rumors, 500 families laid off from South African bethel.

by bohm 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bohm
    bohm

From a recent reddit thread:

I just received confirmation from a very trusted source in South Africa Bethel that up to 500 "families" (I imagine couples OR singles) are getting let go from that branch.

Also confirmed is the special pioneer cull.

What really strikes me about the layoffs is that the South African bethel provides literature and other needs for most of Africa, a HUGE growth area for the org.

link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/3n867g/south_african_bethel_layoffs/

• cappytan
    cappytan
    This is going to be more than 1600 Bethelites worldwide. Perhaps that 1600 number we heard about was the U.S. alone?
  • bohm
    bohm

cappytan: That's what I am thinking as well if all of these rumors are true (I am just copy-pasting). On top of that come other re-structuring like outsourcing truck driving in canada and properly also a lot of things going on in smaller branches we don't know about.

• DJS
    DJS

Africa may be a growth area for the Dark Lords, but they are without a doubt going to be the most expensive and the least profitable customers to serve, from a business standpoint. And the Dark Lords are running a business. These are 'customers' no business would pursue until they could develop a profit model. And that doesn't appear to be possible in the near or long terms.

Excellent.

• bohm
    bohm
    DJS: My thinking exactly. But it's got to hurt them in the long-term growth.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Long term growth will have to wait. Right now the Dark Lords are "hitting the matress" as the saying goes.

Perhaps there will be an announcement about the GT "evidently" starting?

DD

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    Africa may be a growth area for the Dark Lords, but they are without a doubt going to be the most expensive and the least profitable customers to serve, from a business standpoint. And the Dark Lords are running a business. These are 'customers' no business would pursue until they could develop a profit model. And that doesn't appear to be possible in the near or long terms.

That would indicate that they are aware that they are running a business and aren't just deluded religious zealots. I don't believe that is the case. I think they are all drinking the kool-aid even at the top. They can still provide literature from other branches and sending 500 people "into the field", in their minds, may help grow the congregations in that area.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    The Borg has pulled support for missionaries a couple years ago, this was telling me that they don't give a rats ass about ones in third world countries..
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Perhaps there will be an announcement about the GT "evidently" starting?

Evidently(tm) there is "tribulation" at WTS World HQ!

Doc

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Tribulations

and while all the R&F follow the spin of "ooooooooh aaaaaaaaah they are pulling in resources because here comes the big A!"

That is nonsense, look at the body language and listen to the message coming from the organization. Whether it be the stars of JW Broadcasting, or CO's they are not excited about anything. The feeling is one of worry, pressured, and defensive. You don't have to be an expert to read that something bad is going on within. All the R&F take any bad news as good and get excited that the end is near, well to the GB the look on their faces is the only end that is near is of the cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit