Using the internet can destroy your Faith.

by James Mixon 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

That's the conclusion of a study showing that the dramatic drop in religious affiliation

in the U.S since 1990 is closely mirrored by the increase in internet use. In 1990 8%

of the U.S population had no religious preference. By 2010, this percentage had more

than doubled to 18 percentage. That's a difference of about 25 million people all of

whom have somehow lost their religion.

Allen Downey, a computer scientist at Olin college of Engineering in Massachusetts

says that the demise is the result of several factors, the most controversial of these is

the rise of the internet. We have the number of people with a religious upbringing has

dropped since 1990, and college-level education also correlates with the drop.

We are working so hard to bring down the WT, I don't think we have to worry about it.

Most religious are making changes to keep up with the times, JW's on the other hand are

going in the other direction. In 5 or 10 years they will be so out of step with rest of the world,

they will be viewed the same as Amish.

They will bring down their own house as big as sh---t.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Yes the Internet has been great for killing off the last God and exposing the Bible etc. The Borg will probably just implement a plan and some software to keep their followers from learning anything.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

JW's reminds of the guy you invite into your circle of friends and he cause

nothing but havoc. I bet you the Pope didn't invite or considered inviting one of

the GB member on the stage in Washington. I'm sure they wonder, when people

leave that faith they leave God all together, what the hell are they teaching.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Stated in a few of my posts. This is my hope that technology is the true salvation of man and completely dismantles ideologies, breaks down borders, superstition and differences. One unified globe NOT under god(s).
  • Heaven
    Heaven
    The Internet helps to make information more widely available that refutes with clear evidence the mythology religion presents as truth.
  • tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    No longer do "apostates" have to look like raving lunatics picketing outside conventions in order to garner attention from JWs and the media.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon
    tim310rd. "look like raving lunatics" so true, I believe that did more damage to our cause.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    I suspect that the biggest role that the internet plays is less about demonstrating that god doesn't exist through some debate or something and more about just a greater exposure to other ideas and people. More exposure to other religions seems likely to make an atheist out of anyone as you can use the other religions as an analog for your own and discover the flaws in your own thinking.
  • Petraglyph
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Petraglyph: That was so interesting, Thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit