What Is She Thinking?

by thankyou 15 Replies latest social relationships

• thankyou
    thankyou

LisaRose Thank you.

Your explanation really got into the "nitty gritty" of things and is SO HELPFUL !

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Until such time as she fully realizes that she is/was a victim of a high control religious cult, she is damaged goods and should be avoided.

The best advice I can give you is to run away.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Jehovah's Witnesses believe that dating should only happen when one has an intention of getting married, it is not something that is done for recreation purposes. When it comes to Dating and ulimately marriage, JW's follow the words of 2 Corinthians 6:14 " Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?"

Although they will not say it to your face, you as a non Witness are an unbeliever and are unrighteous and lawless or at the very least, capable of these thigs at any moment and will ultimately pull the JW into your unbelieving ways.

JW parents view the marriage of their Son or Daughter to a non Witness as a catastrophe second only to death or being disfellowshipped. The girl you are interested in is likely being warned not to be swayed by your cunning worldly ways and that even though you may seem like a nice guy you don't love Jehovah and are therefore under the influence of Satan as is the rest of the world. This is not an exaggeration. They will site the experience of Dinah in Genesis Chapter 34 as an example of the disastrous things that can happen when one of God's followers trusts an unbeliever.

• thankyou
    thankyou

Black Sheep, thank you. There's a lot of wisdom in those 2 sentences.

Pete Zahut, thank you for the scriptural references and the JW interpretation as the basis for how a JW gal is likely to be thinking.

• Alive!
    Alive!

Just to chime in...the key to witness 'thinking' is that if one doesn't do things 'Jehovah's' way, only bad can come out of it.

Your belief in God, your love for God is considered non- valid under current JW doctrine. Instead you are one of 'Satans' according to JW theology.

That doesn't mean that they don't desperately want to save you - they do! But you will be kept at arms length.....from the JW gals perspective, she will be under huge internal mental pressure, whilst being haunted by fears of Satans cunning....ie believing Satan is using you to pull her away from 'God's organisation'.

It can mentally break the more sensitive and naturally compassionate folk who are indoctrinated and caught by this fearful way of living.

Take care.

• thankyou
    thankyou

Alive. Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your insight.

The way you explained things is perfectly aligned with what her recent conduct has been.

"huge internal mental pressure", "haunted by fears of Satan's cunning", "mentally break the more sensitive". I suspected this is what was going on with her . It gives me a lot to think about.

I have seen all the signs of this. The almost frantic fear. At the same time we have a strong mutual desire for each other.

If her JW beliefs win out, then that will be the solution, game over.

As of now, I still would like to have her in my life in some way.

But that's a big moral responsibility. I don't want to play REAL God and get between God and her. Only God knows what path she needs to take.

But, I am really attracted to her spiritually and mentally. The physical is there too, but it's just like that's just part of the natural deal.

"mentally break the more sensitive". She is very intelligent and sensitive. I don't want my pursuing her to mess her up. We are almost like "twins", we're on the same wave length thought-wise. It's like all of life so far was just preparing us to meet at this time.

I had an older brother who had residual problems from the Vietnam era whom I took care of for 8 years. So a tiny bit of familiarity w/cognitive problems. Why would one voluntarily want to undertake such a thing. I don't know, I just feel a strong spiritual duty to help this gal.

I guess a lot people don't believe in God. I happen to be one who does. Couple weeks ago I was hurting over this and praying to God for help. He told me He will "give" her to me, but that I need to be patient. But, that could have just been my wishful thinking too.

Alive, thank you again so much. Your words really clarify how deep this thing is.

Any advice/insight etc. anyone can give will be sincerely appreciated!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit