Colorado Mass Shooting

by Simon 34 Replies latest social current

• Steel
    Steel

I did three years in the Canadian Armed Forces. We mostly used the FN FAL ( dating myself ) before switching to an AR-15 platform. I currently own about a dozen hunting rifles and shotguns.

No civilian needs a fully automatic assault rifle. No one ........... Period................ Nobody.

• TD
    TD

Steel

...before switching to an AR-15 platform.

The Canadian military switched to the Colt C7 series in 1984. Variants still in service would include the C7A1 & A2 and its successors the C8A1, A2 & A3. All of these rifles evolved from the CAR15 (M16) platform, not the AR15

The AR15 is not an assault rifle; it's not a select fire weapon; it does not meet the criteria for an assault rife as published by the U.S. military and is not used as a service weapon by any military force on earth.

• Steel
    Steel

If you consider the fact the M16 was actually developed and made by armour lite you are really splitting hairs if you think there is much difference between an AR-15 and a M-16 carbine . ( or whatever it is called now).

Both are made to kill a lot of people in a small window. That is the only purpose of the gun.

• Steel
    Steel

i actually have about a dozen rifles and shotguns . I am hardly anti gun . I just believe the general public doesn’t need military style weapons.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@Steel: there is no such thing as a civilian with access to “military style weapons”. Full auto and burst fire weapons have been banned in the US for nearly half a century.

I have a 9mm, .22 and even air gun semi-auto that looks like a “military style weapon”. I’ve seen mods of both rifles and handguns to resemble the characteristics of the other type of weapon. What exactly are you going on about?

A shotgun with slugs or buckshot and handgun would do a LOT more damage in an urban shooting than any rifle, yet the media only highlights these cases when long rifles are used and since it came to light it was a black/brown man doing the shooting, the case has all but disappeared from mainstream media front pages.

Even a knife wielded by a somewhat competent lunatic can kill many silently. Bolt actions have also been successfully used, particularly in the Las Vegas shootings a few years ago.

Other countries have more severe mass killings with knives (some with upwards of 100 victims) simply because their population nor their police have proper weapons. The US doesn’t even rank in the top 10 when it comes to mass shootings or in the top 20 when it comes to mass killings.

Gangs in Chicago alone kill more innocent people per day than the average mass shooting and they have the most strict gun laws in the country. Same goes for DC and NYC, you can’t even carry a gun in NYC.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

This is an interesting video on this issue …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kud4dqW8j9o

Interesting looking at the social media comments! XD

• TD
    TD
    If you consider the fact the M16 was actually developed and made by armour lite you are really splitting hairs if you think there is much difference between an AR-15 and a M-16 carbine . ( or whatever it is called now).

I'm aware that the original M16A1 was manufactured by ArmaLite. That doesn't change the fact that the AR family is a civilian variant (i.e. A derivative design) that was sold in Sears catalogs nearly sixty years ago.

It's not splitting hairs to differentiate civilian variants from their military cousins. Confusion on that point can land you in prison for a very, very long time here.

Ownership of an actual assault rife in the U.S. requires a Class III firearms license, permission of your local police department and an extensive background check.

• Simon
    Simon
    What is the Alanis song ? Ironic, don't you think ?

You can add some other things to the list though that happened before then - bombing syria, allowing in "refugees" who don't integrate and so on.

Still "ironic" don't you think?

Anyway, media-mission-accomplished, as it stopped trending as soon as the shooters "non white guy" identity became clear.

We're still hearing the "Charlottesville hoax" regularly, they can keep that alive, but a bigger death count more deliberately caused by a hateful follower of a hateful religion imported into the country under bogus and unchecked systems based on "diversity quota"? Crickets and the page is turned quickly.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Report that the perp is in hidden protective custody. I dont know which sheriff department would be safe. These guys seem to end up committing suicide.

Fund raisers for the victims. That is all good, but Chicago and others can match the totals every weekend in warm weather.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2019/crime-in-the-u.s.-2019/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8.xls

The U.S. statistics on method or device used to commit Murder is interesting. A U.S. citizen is more likely to be Murdered by someone's fist, a hammer, or a knife than a rifle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit