Re Shania Twain

by xjw_b12 18 Replies latest jw friends

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

OK JH Started it with the Celine Dion thread.

Let's talk about another Canadian Superstar, one who grew up not too far from where I live.

Q1. Would you go / have you gone to a Shania Twain concert ?

Q2. Is she really married. I mean I've never seen an interview with her husband Wolfgang Mutt or whatever, let alone a picture of the guy ! Sheesh, the guy is more elusive that Osama or Saddam !

• Angharad
    Angharad

I like Shania Twain's music and would pay to go to see her.

OK now I'm just waiting for Simon to jump into this thread and start drooling

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Shania (Eileen)Twain?

Her husband, South African born: Mutt Lang. He is a bigwig in music circles internationally.

He's not a very public person.

Shania, I have no problem with her, as she's really a 'rags to riches' small-town Ontario girl. I have heard that she's an absolute sweetheart to meet. She is very kind to anyone who approaches her, and she is very gracious.

She was originally born in, of all places, Windsor, ON., and then moved up north when she was little. She was adopted by her mother's second husband, and has a few siblings. Her step father was Ojibway, and she took on his family name.

She can at least, write her own music, and she is very, very attractive.

Boy did she ever put Nashville on the edge.

Those bloody Canucks eh?

• dottie
    dottie

If you ever get a chance to see the MTV show "Driven" about her...they show quite a few pics of her and Mutt Lange. He's not all that bad either !

Dottie

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Shania Twain is definitely beautiful and has a very unique style of singing, at least in the C/W world. I can't say I would go see her in concert, although I watch her videos all the time on CMT.

• anti-absolutist
    anti-absolutist

I grew up in Timmins, Ontario, where she spent most of her youth. I never actually met her, but her sister, Carrie was a very good friend of my sister and the same age. I knew her brother, who was threee years younger than me, but he had the type of personality that within a few weeks of being in grade 9 everybody in the school knew him. He is VERY outgoing.

Unfortunately, when he was in grade 10 his parents were killed in a car accident, and he got into a bit of trouble with the law afterwards. Shania moved back from Huntsville, where she was singing in a lodge there, and raised her brothers and sister till they were all out of school. Very noble of her. All of her family have a very high energy and caring personality about them.

And DAMN she is VERY gorgeous.

Brad

• gumby
    gumby
    Shania Twain is definitely beautiful and has a very unique style of singing,

OH yeah! She performs like she's standing up going wee wee all the time.......but the guys don't mind. Gumby

• Scully
    Scully

gumby writes:

She performs like she's standing up going wee wee all the time

So that's the trick!! I always wondered how to do that....

Love, Scully

• Seven
    Seven

Q1. Would you go / have you gone to a Shania Twain concert ?

A definite no! Her superbowl performance was even more putrid than that of the Raiders. She's recorded one or two songs I liked but not well enough to spend the money to add to my collection.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

I admire her keeping her family together after her parents were killed. I agree, it was very noble.

Her first couple of albums were interesting and unique in their sass and puck. However, now, it's gotten old. The whole "In yer face woman/sexpot, I'm tough/don't mess with me, attitude" dress has been washed more than a few times. It's faded, threadbare, and BORING.

I also found her superbowl performance strained and tired.

I would have preferred more Sting/Stephani.

So, I guess I'm sayin "NO" I won't be lining Shaina's pockets with my cash anytime soon.

UH UH OH!

Andee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit