EXPOSING FALSE DOCTRINES Weekly # 1 - Joseph Malik

by UnDisfellowshipped 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

EXPOSING FALSE DOCTRINES Weekly # 1 -- Joseph Malik

Merriam-Webster Dictionary's Definition of "Exposing": (1a): Making known: bringing to light (as something shameful). (1b): Disclosing the faults or crimes of. (2): Causing to be visible or open to view: Displaying.

Merriam-Webster Dictionary's Definition of "False": (1): Not genuine. (2a): Intentionally untrue. (2b): Adjusted or made so as to deceive. (2c): Intended or tending to mislead. (3): Not true. (4a): Not faithful or loyal: Treacherous. (4b): Lacking naturalness or sincerity. (5): Based on mistaken ideas. (5b): Inconsistent with the facts.

Merriam-Webster Dictionary's Definition of "Doctrine": (1): Teaching, instruction; (2a): Something that is taught (2b): A principle or position or the body of principles in a branch of knowledge or system of belief: Dogma

Acts 17:10-11: Immediately by night the brothers sent both Paul and Silas out to Beroea, and these, upon arriving, went into the synagogue of the Jews. Now the latter were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the Word with the greatest eagerness of mind, carefully examining the Scriptures daily as to whether these things were so.

1st John 4:1: Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world.

Ephesians 5:10-11: Keep on making sure of what is acceptable to the Lord; and quit sharing with them in the unfruitful works that belong to the darkness, but, rather, even be exposing and reproving them

Revelation 2:1-2: “To the angel of the congregation in Ephesus write: These are the things that He says who holds the seven stars in His right hand, He who walks in the midst of the seven golden lampstands, ‘I know your deeds, and your labor and endurance, and that you cannot bear bad men, and that you put those to the test who say they are apostles, but they are not, and you found them liars.

Can Jehovah God or Jesus Christ lie?

Titus 1:2: ...God... cannot lie...

1st Peter 2:22: [Jesus Christ] did not sin, "neither was deceit found in His mouth."

John 18:20: Jesus answered him, "I spoke openly to the world. I always taught in synagogues, and in the Temple, where the Jews always meet. I said nothing in secret.

This is the first of an ongoing Weekly Series of Threads I am going to post entitled "Exposing False Doctrines".

"Exposing False Doctrines" will feature the false teachings of people and organizations OTHER THAN the Watchtower Society, for instance, this week will compare the teachings of Joseph Malik with the teachings of the Bible.

These Threads will be relatively small (compared to some of my other Threads), because I want everyone to be able to read over them quickly, and I also encourage everyone to post their comments about these Threads.

Each week I will post the next "issue" of this Weekly Series.

I am also starting three other Weekly Threads, which are entitled "Congregation Contradictions", which will highlight a different Watchtower contradiction each week, and also "The Truth Will Set You Free", which will expose one of the Watchtower's false teachings about the Bible each week, and finally, "Theocracy Hyposcrisy", which will highlight a different set of hypocritical Watchtower quotes each week.

Now this Weekly Issue (# 1 -- Joseph Malik) begins:

I first met Joseph Malik on the http://www.Jehovahs-Witness.com (JWD) Message Board Forum. Joseph Malik has posted some good information on subjects such as the "Two-Witness Rule."

However, Joseph Malik has been teaching and preaching things about God which are absolutely not found anywhere in the Bible. In fact, several of Joseph Malik's teachings contradict what is written in the Bible.

Below are exact word-for-word (verbatim) quotes taken from Joseph Malik's posts on JWD, which show what he teaches about God and the Bible.

* Words in Red are exact quotes from Joseph Malik.
    * Words inside brackets "[ ]", were added by me to help show what Joseph Malik was talking about -- I was very careful not to change the meaning of what Joseph Malik was saying, and I was very careful not to take any of Joseph Malik's comments out-of-context.

"authority [to rebuke Satan] was not granted the WORD [the Pre-Human Jesus] until He became flesh, when the words out of heaven were spoken that said: Luke 9:35 And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him. As creator of man our Lord had authority over man, but not over Satan. Now this was all to change and authority would be given so that Jesus could NOW say: 18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth." - Joseph Malik, from JWD

MY COMMENTS ABOUT THIS TEACHING:

Notice, Joseph Malik denies that Jesus Christ created the angels, and Joseph Malik denies that the Pre-Human Jesus Christ had the authority to rebuke Satan. Joseph Malik also claims that extra authority was granted to Jesus in Luke 9:35 (Jesus' baptism).

No where in the Bible does it say that Jesus Christ was granted any extra authority when He was baptized, as Joseph Malik claims. In fact, this teaching contradicts what the Bible says. According to the Scriptures, it would make a lot more sense that Jesus would have had LESS authority while on Earth, because the Bible says that Jesus "emptied Himself" when He became a Human, and when He was in Heaven, He was in the very "bosom of the Father." Jesus also prayed to the Father and asked the Father to RESTORE the glory that He had in Heaven before He became a Human.

Philippians 2:7: but [Jesus] emptied Himself, taking the Form of a Servant, being made in the likeness of men.
    Philippians 2:8: And being found in Human Form, He humbled Himself, becoming obedient to death, yes, the death of the Cross.

John 1:18: No one has seen God at any time. The Only-Begotten God [Jesus], who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

John 17:5: Now, Father, glorify Me [Jesus] with Your own Self with the glory which I had with You before the world existed.

Also, the Pre-Human Jesus would DEFINITELY have had the authority to rebuke Satan, a fallen angel, because the Bible says that Jesus CREATED Satan and ALL of the angels!

Colossians 1:16: For by Him [Jesus] all things were created, in the Heavens and on the Earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through Him, and for Him.
    Colossians 1:17: He is before all things, and in Him all things are held together.

"The Son [Jesus] did not do any of this [creation of the literal Heavens and Earth]. Only the LORD (Yahweh) did and yahweh is not the name of the Son or the Logos. ... But things like human beings and animals are another matter. Who created them? Beings only identified as 'us' in Genesis. The Logos [the Pre-Human Jesus] created man and had authority over man. Such things were delegated to others. Does no one ever wonder why Satan took the form of a serpent? Could it not be that this Satan had something to do with the creation of such animal life and had authority over them as well?" - Joseph Malik, from JWD

"How much of this [creation] did God do personally and how much was delegated by Him? Just who were the us that assisted with such projects? Some scriptures provide such detail such as the ones in John chapter 1 and some do not. So can you show exactly who such participants were and their specific roles? Of course all credit goes to God or Yahweh. But we also know that the Logos actually did create man when he was with God and had authority over man. What better Being to select for mans redemption than this Logos that did such work in the beginning?" - Joseph Malik, from JWD

"The creation of such large objects [the literal Heavens and Earth] was done by God alone, but the little things like mankind that would live on this earth was delegated to the Logos to do this for Him. And others like the Being that became Satan were also involved in some way in all this." - Joseph Malik, from JWD

"Not every single act of creation was performed/or delivered by God personally." - Joseph Malik, from JWD

"The heavens and the earth were created by Him (God) alone. That much we know. Much of the rest of creation was delegated" - Joseph Malik, from JWD

MY COMMENTS ON THIS TEACHING:

Notice, Joseph Malik denies that Jesus created the literal Heavens and the literal Earth. Joseph Malik claims that only the Father created the literal Heavens and Earth. Joseph Malik also claims that only the Pre-Human Jesus created humans, and the Father DID NOT create humans. Joseph also claims that the angel who became Satan created some animals, including the serpent.

No where in the Bible does it say that Satan ever created anything (except for sin).

In fact, that is completely against what the Bible says about who created everything.

The Bible says that Yahweh God Almighty created all things alone all by Himself:

Isaiah 44:24: Thus says Yahweh, your Redeemer, and He who formed you from the womb: I am Yahweh, who makes all things; who stretches forth the Heavens alone; who spreads abroad the Earth -- who is with Me?

Nehemiah 9:6: You are Yahweh, even You alone; You have made Heaven, the Heaven of Heavens, with all their Army, the Earth and all things that are on it, the seas and all that is in them, and You preserve them all; and the Army of Heaven worships You.

Revelation 4:11: "Worthy are You, our Lord and God, the Holy One, to receive the glory, the honor, and the power, for You created all things, and because of Your desire they existed, and were created!"

Revelation 10:5: The angel who I saw standing on the sea and on the land lifted up his right hand to the sky,
    Revelation 10:6: and swore by Him who lives forever and ever, who created Heaven and the things that are in it, the Earth and the things that are in it, and the sea and the things that are in it...

The Bible says that Yahweh [Jehovah] the Supreme Being created all of the animals:

Genesis 1:20-25: God said, "Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the Earth in the open expanse of sky." God created the large sea creatures, and every living creature that moves, with which the waters swarmed, after their kind, and every winged bird after its kind. God saw that it was good. God blessed them, saying, "Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the Earth." There was evening and there was morning, a fifth day. God said, "Let the Earth bring forth living creatures after their kind, cattle, creeping things, and animals of the Earth after their kind," and it was so. God made the animals of the Earth after their kind, and the cattle after their kind, and everything that creeps on the ground after its kind. God saw that it was good.

Genesis 2:19: Out of the ground Yahweh God formed every animal of the field, and every bird of the sky...

The Bible also says that Jesus Christ created all things:

John 1:3: All things were made through Him [The Word]. Without Him not one thing was made that has been made.

Colossians 1:16: For by Him [Jesus Christ] all things were created, in the Heavens and on the Earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through Him, and for Him.

Ephesians 3:9: ...God... created all things through Jesus Christ...

Therefore, Jesus is Yahweh, OR Yahweh lied in Isaiah 44:24.

"In fact Hebrews chapter 1, 2 and 12 use the term angels to describe such human beings" - Joseph Malik, from JWD

MY COMMENTS ON THIS TEACHING:

Joseph Malik claimed that the "angels" in Hebrews Chapter 2 and Chapter 12 are human messengers.

So, in Hebrews 2:7, Jesus was "made a little lower" than humans?

Hebrews 2:7: You made Him a little lower than the angels; You crowned Him with glory and honor.

So, according to Hebrews 2:16, Jesus does not help human messengers?

Hebrews 2:16: For most assuredly, not to angels does He give help, but He gives help to the seed of Abraham.

In Hebrews 12:22-24, why are "myriads of angels" mentioned separately from the Christian Congregation, and also separately from "the spirits of just men made perfect"?

Hebrews 12:22: But you have come to Mount Zion, and to the City of the Living God, the Heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels,
    Hebrews 12:23: to the general congregation and congregation of the firstborn who are enrolled in Heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect,
    Hebrews 12:24: to Jesus, the Mediator of a New Covenant, and to the Blood of sprinkling that speaks better than that of Abel.

Obviously the "angels" mentioned in those Verses are Heavenly beings, NOT human messengers.

So, it seems most likely to me that the "angels" in Hebrews Chapter 1 are also Heavenly beings, because they are called "spirits".

"This [being the 'Only Lord'] is the position that Jesus now holds over mankind. Nothing here teaches that this Jesus was not called Michael at some time in the past. Nothing here teaches that Jesus Christ is the Supreme Being. What is does teach is that men have perverted such truth regarding our Savior and Redeemer that was placed in this position by the authority of God Himself to be such a Master, God and Lord over us (at least until the thousand years ends)." -Joseph Malik, from JWD

"It is the Father's kingdom that the Son was given and will rule over for a limited period of time until the end when it is returned to the Father." - Joseph Malik, from JWD

Notice, Joseph Malik implies that Jesus may no longer be Master, Lord, or God after the 1,000 Year Kingdom on Earth, and Joseph says that Jesus will no longer be ruling the Kingdom of God after the 1,000 years.

But, what does the Bible say?

Luke 1:31: Behold, you will conceive in your womb, and bring forth a Son, and will call His Name 'Jesus.'
    Luke 1:32: He will be Great, and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give Him the throne of His father, David,
    Luke 1:33: and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever. There will be no end to His Kingdom."

Isaiah 9:7: Of the increase of His Government and of peace there shall be no end, on the throne of David, and on His Kingdom, to establish it, and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from henceforth even forever. The zeal of Yahweh of Hosts will perform this.

Daniel 7:14: There was given Him dominion, and glory, and a Kingdom, that all the peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him: His dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and His Kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

2nd Peter 1:11: For thus will be richly supplied to you the entrance into the Eternal Kingdom of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 1:8: but of the Son He says, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; The scepter of uprightness is the scepter of Your Kingdom.

Also, how can someone temporarily be God, and then stop being God later?

"Jesus is not the Supreme Being. In fact Jesus can use many of the titles that also apply to the Supreme Being, yes, except for His Name. This Jesus cannot share." - Joseph Malik, from JWD

I asked Joseph several times to show Scriptures that prove that the Name Yahweh (Jehovah) is not the Name of the Son and the Father, and none were given by Joseph Malik.

"The word God is used of the Supreme Being, but it is also used to describe the Kings of Israel." - Joseph Malik, from JWD

I would love for Joseph Malik to show me where in the Bible, a human King of Israel is called "God".

"That Jesus is aware of individuals and events does not make Jesus or God for that matter Omnipresent. How such things are done are detailed in scriptures. Angels spoke for God like the one in the burning bush and the use of such angels actually proves the opposite. Your statement that Jesus is Omnipresent is not truth and such words are not supported by the Faith or included in the message we are obligated to teach others..... Information is both gathered and dispensed using intermediaries such as angels thus words like Omnipresent have no support in scripture and in fact are not found in it." - Joseph Malik, from JWD

Notice, Joseph Malik denies that Jesus, or even the Father, knows all things. Joseph claims that God has to send angels out to gather information for Him. Joseph says that the Bible does not teach that God or Jesus knows all things.

It sounded to me like Joseph Malik was claiming that angels could read minds and hearts, but not Jesus, and then the angels give the information to Jesus.

What does the Bible say?

Revelation 2:23: ...all the congregations will know that I [Jesus] am the One who searches and examines the minds and hearts. I will give to each one of you according to your deeds.

Jeremiah 17:10: I, Yahweh, search and examine the mind, I try the heart, even to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his doings.

John 2:24: But Jesus didn't trust Himself to them, because He knew everyone,
    John 2:25: and because He didn't need for anyone to testify concerning man; for He Himself knew what was inside of men.

John 21:17: ...[Peter] said to [Jesus], "Lord, You know everything...

John 16:30: Now we know that You know all things, and don't need for anyone to question You. By this we believe that You came forth from God."

Matthew 9:3: Behold, some of the Scribes said to themselves, "This Man blasphemes."
    Matthew 9:4: Jesus, knowing their thoughts, said, "Why do you think evil in your hearts?

Matthew 12:25: Knowing their thoughts, Jesus said to them, "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand.

John 6:64: ...Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who didn't believe, and who it was who would betray Him.

1st Kings 8:39: ...for You [Yahweh], even You only, know the hearts of all the children of men

1st Chronicles 28:9: ...Yahweh searches and examines all hearts, and understands all the imaginations of the thoughts: if you seek Him, He will be found of you; but if you forsake Him, He will cast you off forever.

Psalm 7:9: ...Their minds and hearts are searched and examined by the Righteous God.

1st Samuel 16:7: ...Yahweh sees not as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but Yahweh looks at the heart."

From those Scriptures, it is obvious that The Father and The Son do not "need" to send angels out to gather information for Them. The Father and The Son know all things. However, if God chooses to do so, He certainly does send His angels to do various things for Him, but it should be made clear that God does not "need" His angels to do anything for Him.

When I pointed these things out to Joseph Malik at various times on JWD, he posted numerous accusations against me and against others who had also exposed some of Joseph Malik's teachings which contradict the Bible.

Here are some of his accusations against me:

"are you one of the certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness?" - Joseph Malik, from JWD

"You keep pouring verses out without explanation. That may be helpful in some cases but mis-leading in others." - Joseph Malik, from JWD

"you do not have an answer. Just say anything that comes to your mind just like the WT does. Provide scriptural proof for such statements since you made them." - Joseph Malik, from JWD

"This is what I dislike about Trinitarians. They accuse others of lying when they are the ones that are doing the lying." - Joseph Malik, from JWD

"Such ignorance on the part of Trinitarians" - Joseph Malik, from JWD

"you go on and on like this as if matching texts without regard to such context proves your point?" - Joseph Malik, from JWD

"I have shown where and how authority is given to others to perform tasks for YHWH which you are also unable to counter. Thus verses must be taken out of context in Trinitarian theology and such truth must be suppressed. This is visible in the way you present data and apply texts. All this has been covered over and over. You cannot provide a name for the Holy Spirit, nor can you show that the name of the Son is YHWH. You cannot show that Michael is not the proper name for the Logos." - Joseph Malik, from JWD

"Nothing regarding the trinity doctrine is the truth and the way Trinitarians distort and mis-apply scripture is as bad and even worse than the way the Watchtower misrepresents them." - Joseph Malik, from JWD

"You are the one that is ignoring the information presented." - Joseph Malik, from JWD

"The way you apply texts without regard to their context is very visible. And the fact that authority is give to others to act in the name of God directly is rejected by you even though it has been shown clearly." - Joseph Malik, from JWD

"You keep using the verses that do not [go into details] as if they are absolute and reject any other evidence offered. This is not my problem but yours and everyone can see this." - Joseph Malik, from JWD

"Trinitarians will say anything just like the Watchtower does." - Joseph Malik, from JWD

"trinitarians not only lead with false and distorted information but then accuse others of falsehood when they use it in a response as if this is what I am saying. The trinity is not the truth and trinitarians will use deception such as this whenever it suits them. I have come to the conclusion that trinitarians will never understand scripture." - Joseph Malik, from JWD

And, here is an accusation he made against "SwedishChef":

"trinitarians always resort to tactics such as [Swedish Chef's] when they lose such discussions. I see you [Swedish Chef] are no different. The trinity doctrine is a lie."

My Comments:

I find it interesting how Michael the archangel would not even dare to bring a railing accusation against Satan the Devil, but Joseph Malik brought several railing accusations against me, and also Swedish Chef after we pointed out the things shown above.

Jude 1:9: Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the Devil he disputed about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring against him a railing accusation, but said, "The Lord rebuke you."

I will be adding more to this Thread as soon as I have enough free time.

If I have any of Joseph Malik's teachings wrong, I would love for Joseph Malik to clarify and explain his teachings more.

• hooberus
    hooberus

It might be better to have an exposing the false doctrines weekly, since most of the people on here tend to follow certain false doctrines rather than specific false teachers.

• gumby
    gumby

Another page long post by UD the windbag

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

UD,

I happen to like thoroughness, go for it. But I do agree with Hooberus that if you set this up as a weekly, not against false teachers, but against false teachings, and tell us what the teaching is, then more people will know right away whether they want to read it. Otherwise it could also smack of ad-homina-homina-homina..hominem.

Gamaliel

• Loris
    Loris

Undisfellowshipped

I do not know you, and I am new to this board and new to the ranks of the XJW community.

I do not know Joseph Malik. I have read some of what he has written on this board and I have read the book he wrote about how he left the WTS.

We all had our belief system ripped apart by the WTS and we came away from them damaged. As we emerge we are in danger of being sucked into a similar cesspool as we get our sea-legs, so to speak. There are dangerous people and groups that lurk and prey on our community, MDS comes to mind. I agree with your intent of exposing false teachers. But only if they pose a danger to the spiritual wellbeing of your fellow brothers and sisters. Do they seek a following? Are they claiming to have all of THE answers? Are they claiming SPECIAL knowledge?

That said – I do not understand where your obvious anger comes from. The Trinity argument has raged for centuries. Calling one non-Trinitarian to task for his views is not going to settle the argument. Pointing a finger towards Joseph Malik does not prove your point. It only points out your narrow mindedness.

If you wish to prove your personal views it will take more proof than a disparaging remark about a fellow human and former victim of the WTS.

As for me I am content to wait for Jesus /Yeshua Messiah to return and settle the controversy once and for all time. Until then can’t we just get along and agree to disagree? The Bible is not written on stone by the finger of the Creator. It is thousands of years old, written in languages few of us speak. It is fun to dig into the Bible and make educated guesses as to it’s meaning, but that is all we can do – guess.

You may be right, Joseph Malik may be right, a thousand others may be right. The underlying message of the Bible, Love God, Your neighbor and yourself; is a really good place to start. And end.

By the way if you do a search you will find that Joseph Malik does not post much here anymore since he is suffering from an eye condition and can not read fine print.

Loris (of the Mommy class)

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Undisfellowshipped, the apostate's apostate....lol

Expatbrit

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

I will take my hat of to any man who like UD can obviously type in his sleep, in the shower, while jogging, whilst enduring a root canal, and while typing.

UD - Are you on the Olympic Typing Team?

HS

• Brummie
    Brummie

UD Rocks!

Lol @ expabrit and HS

Brummie

• aluminutty
    aluminutty

So, Joseph malik has some views on the bible that you disagree with. I get it, but, dang, look up concise in that Websters you have before you post on the matter again. Pleas! Pretty please! I need to stay up late tonight, and this post alone equaled about 2 extra-strength tylonall PMs. BTW, could someone tell Joseph that he nedant let blindness stop him from reading the board/accessing the computer. I happen to be totally blind, and I use a program called JAWS, and it's integrated Speech synthisiss softwear called Eloquence, to read computer text to me. I can read any webpage that has text, and use almost any computer program, except huge graphically rich games, boohoo, boohoo! But seriously, it's quite cool, and may make his life easier. Have him check out www.freedomscientific.com for more information on JAWS, and other products they make which might be helpful.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Thanks for all your comments.

I will reply to them here:

Hooberus said:

It might be better to have an exposing the false doctrines weekly, since most of the people on here tend to follow certain false doctrines rather than specific false teachers.

You are correct, that is a good idea, and I have edited this Thread, and changed the title to "Exposing False Doctrines Weekly".

Gumby said:

Another page long post by UD the windbag

LOL at Gumby. And this is one of my "relatively small" Threads, LOL.

By the way Gumby, did you ever see the apology I posted to you on AlanF's "Virgin Birth" Thread?

Gamaliel said:

I happen to like thoroughness, go for it. But I do agree with Hooberus that if you set this up as a weekly, not against false teachers, but against false teachings, and tell us what the teaching is, then more people will know right away whether they want to read it. Otherwise it could also smack of ad-homina-homina-homina..hominem.

Yes, you are correct. I have edited this Thread to correct that. Also, since I do not know for sure whether or not Joseph Malik and others are intentionally teaching false doctrines, it would be better to expose the Doctrines rather than the person.

I definitely am not judging Joseph Malik, or anyone else's eternal salvation.

My purpose is to expose the false doctrines.

Loris said:

Undisfellowshipped
    I do not know you, and I am new to this board and new to the ranks of the XJW community.
    I do not know Joseph Malik. I have read some of what he has written on this board and I have read the book he wrote about how he left the WTS.

Hello Loris, nice to meet you.

Loris said:

We all had our belief system ripped apart by the WTS and we came away from them damaged. As we emerge we are in danger of being sucked into a similar cesspool as we get our sea-legs, so to speak. There are dangerous people and groups that lurk and prey on our community, MDS comes to mind. I agree with your intent of exposing false teachers. But only if they pose a danger to the spiritual wellbeing of your fellow brothers and sisters. Do they seek a following? Are they claiming to have all of THE answers? Are they claiming SPECIAL knowledge?

First of all, the Bible says to expose all major false teachings.

Teachings about God the Father, Jesus Christ, and Salvation seem to be pretty important teachings to me.

Joseph Malik certainly has spread his teachings all over JWD in the years past, so, I feel that people need to hear the other side.

Loris said:

That said – I do not understand where your obvious anger comes from. The Trinity argument has raged for centuries. Calling one non-Trinitarian to task for his views is not going to settle the argument. Pointing a finger towards Joseph Malik does not prove your point. It only points out your narrow mindedness.

If you wish to prove your personal views it will take more proof than a disparaging remark about a fellow human and former victim of the WTS.

Where did I say I was angry? Where did I show that I was angry? I am not angry with Joseph Malik. I have a lot of Christian love for Joseph Malik, and I wish him absolutely nothing but the best. The Bible says that the Truth will set you FREE. That is my purpose on this Thread -- Expose Falsehoods and Reveal the Truth.

The "Trinity argument" only made up part of this Thread. I let the Bible speak for itself. That is what I am going to do in these Threads each week, I'm going to post statements made by various people/organizations, and then I am going to post Scriptures to compare the two.

If I am "narrow-minded" for trying to expose falsehoods and reveal the truth, then I am proud to be what you consider "narrow-minded".

I am not sure what "disparaging remark" you are talking about. I never said that Joseph Malik was intentionally lying.

Loris said:

As for me I am content to wait for Jesus /Yeshua Messiah to return and settle the controversy once and for all time. Until then can’t we just get along and agree to disagree? The Bible is not written on stone by the finger of the Creator. It is thousands of years old, written in languages few of us speak. It is fun to dig into the Bible and make educated guesses as to it’s meaning, but that is all we can do – guess.
    You may be right, Joseph Malik may be right, a thousand others may be right. The underlying message of the Bible, Love God, Your neighbor and yourself; is a really good place to start. And end.

I'm guessing that you did not read the quotes from Joseph Malik with all of his loving "Christian" accusations against me.

You're correct that we should love each other and love God, and thanks to Jesus, I certainly do -- I even have love for the JW Leaders.

If the Bible is God's inspired Word, then there exists, without a doubt, Bible Translations that very closely and accurately reflect the original Hebrew and Greek.

If the Bible is not God's Word, then, sure, the Translations today have all been corrupted with no way to know what it means.

I don't really understand what you're trying to get at -- if the Bible has been corrupted, why believe any of it? If the Bible is God's Word, He would not allow it to be corrupted in all Translations.

The Bible, especially the New Testament was written for Christians. Why should I follow the Commandment "Love your neighbor", but not the Commandment "Expose Falsehoods"? Why should I follow the Commandment "Love God", but not the Commandment "Honor Jesus the same as you honor The Father"?

Loris said:

By the way if you do a search you will find that Joseph Malik does not post much here anymore since he is suffering from an eye condition and can not read fine print.

I did not know that. I am sorry to hear that. I hope he gets better soon.

expatbrit said:

Undisfellowshipped, the apostate's apostate....lol

LOL

Hillary_Step said:

I will take my hat of to any man who like UD can obviously type in his sleep, in the shower, while jogging, whilst enduring a root canal, and while typing.

UD - Are you on the Olympic Typing Team?

LOL. I probably should enter those Olympics of Typing lol.

Brummie said:

UD Rocks!

Thank You, Brummie, you rock too!

aluminutty said:

So, Joseph malik has some views on the bible that you disagree with. I get it, but, dang, look up concise in that Websters you have before you post on the matter again. Pleas! Pretty please! I need to stay up late tonight, and this post alone equaled about 2 extra-strength tylonall PMs. <grin> BTW, could someone tell Joseph that he nedant let blindness stop him from reading the board/accessing the computer. I happen to be totally blind, and I use a program called JAWS, and it's integrated Speech synthisiss softwear called Eloquence, to read computer text to me. I can read any webpage that has text, and use almost any computer program, except huge graphically rich games, boohoo, boohoo! But seriously, it's quite cool, and may make his life easier. Have him check out www.freedomscientific.com for more information on JAWS, and other products they make which might be helpful.

lol, you are correct, I should make smaller posts.

That "JAWS" sounds like a good idea for Joseph Malik and others to use.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit