Will Saddam get caught?

by JH 28 Replies latest social current

• Realist
    Realist

Eric,

bush never offered amnesty! he just demanded saddam to leave iraq...with the CIA trying to kill hussein a not very serious offer.

bahrain has the largest US military base in the region...so this offer was also a pathetic lie.

• dubla
    dubla

realist-

bush never offered amnesty! he just demanded saddam to leave iraq...with the CIA trying to kill hussein a not very serious offer.

oh god, here we go with this again. this comment is completely baseless.....its only your personal opinion of what may or may not have happened behind the scenes. the u.s. offered exile to hussein long before the war started (and im not talking about the 11th hour demand for him to leave).....it was indeed a serious offer that would have been honored, and you have no possible way of proving otherwise. the only reason there were never serious "amnesty" negotiations was because saddam blatantly refused any notions of ever leaving the country.....why negotiate amnesty with someone who refuses a hundred times over to even consider it? that would obviously be completely ridiculous. as far as the cia order to kill him, all orders to kill saddam wouldve been rescinded had he left peacefully, and again, you have no way to prove otherwise. the logic behind this idea is simple.....what threat is hussein to us if hes living in a hideaway in another country with no control whatsoever? the answer: zero threat. even take your "oil" argument....you know, the whole reason we are at war according to you? how much control over the iraqi oil would hussein have in exile? again: zero. so, if hes no threat, and weve got the oil....why would we need to hunt him down and kill him? there would be no valid reason to do so, and the insinuation that we would is simply yours, and yours alone.

aa

• Realist
    Realist

dubla,

the u.s. offered exile to hussein long before the war started

please show me the offer!

• dubla
    dubla

realist-

ill dig up some of the articles for you if you seriously want to read them. i predict youll simply label the offers as "not serious", and write them off as rhetoric....so im not sure i want to waste my time looking for them. let me know if youre serious.

aa

• Realist
    Realist

dubla,

i have seen what bush said on TV. if this is all you can provide than save your time! otherwise i would be interested to read it.

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Hmmmmm I'll bet that the US has already made a deal with Saddam. You see, the US wants control of the oil in the region. We already have Kuwait and Afganistan. We couldn't go in there and take over Iraq if Saddam wasn't such a bad guy. So the US tells Saddam to keep up the bad guy routine and we'll bomb everywhere but where you are and then when we have control of the country Saddam will be able to slip free just like Bin Laden. Who knows. The US could always change thier mind and kill him but ..................We love conspiracy theories don't we?

TimB

• dubla
    dubla

realist-

here you go......

Sunday, January 19, 2003 Posted: 2:02 PM EST (1902 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said Sunday that exile for Saddam Hussein and other members of the Iraqi leadership would be a "fair trade" to avoid a military conflict.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/01/19/sprj.irq.us.iraq/index.html

WASHINGTON, Jan. 29 (UPI) -- The United States would try to find a refuge for Saddam Hussein and members of his inner circle if the Iraqi leader decides to go into exile, Secretary of State Colin Powell said Wednesday.

http://www.washtimes.com/upi-breaking/20030129-022333-5755r.htm

Wednesday, February 26, 2003 Posted: 12:24 PM EST (1724 GMT)

BAGHDAD, Iraq -- Iraqi President Saddam Hussein says he would rather die in Iraq than leave his country, dismissing suggestions he should seek exile to avoid war.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/02/26/sprj.irq.saddam.intv/index.html

also, id like to know your thoughts on these particular comments/questions from my above post:

as far as the cia order to kill him, all orders to kill saddam wouldve been rescinded had he left peacefully, and again, you have no way to prove otherwise. the logic behind this idea is simple.....what threat is hussein to us if hes living in a hideaway in another country with no control whatsoever? the answer: zero threat. even take your "oil" argument....you know, the whole reason we are at war according to you? how much control over the iraqi oil would hussein have in exile? again: zero. so, if hes no threat, and weve got the oil....why would we need to hunt him down and kill him?

aa

• rem
    rem

Ozzie,

Do you really think so, rem? Somehow I doubt it. The ultimatum given before the invasion was for Saddam to leave but that no longer applies since he rejected the ultimatum.

If Saddam and his henchmen go into exile, then they are no longer able to rule the country, kinda like the Taliban are no longer in control of Afghanistan. The objective is met from the perspective of instituting a new government in Iraq. Whether or not the US/UK want to continue to hunt him down is immaterial and does not affect the rebuilding of Iraq in any way. That's what I meant when I said that it doesn't matter if Saddam is caught.

rem

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Caught?

Why would Saddam get caught?

He's winning, isn't he?

Isn't he the most awesome superpowerful force the USA has ever encountered? Aren't the Republican Guards the most terrific, "don't mess wiff me, mo-fo" warriors the world has ever seen? Doesn't he have some supernatural, metaphysical recently unearthed ancient Babylonian/Alien "stargate" technology that will leave the world shocked and awed?

Yesterday Saddam annouonced that "VICTORY IS IMMANENT."

He just forgot to mention which side he was talking about.

Thanks to France and the worldwide community of islamo-fascist appeasers, the people of Iraq will soon be free of the oppressive yoke they have borne for far too long. Vive La France!

• dubla
    dubla

bttt for realist

aa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit