Will Saddam get caught?

by JH 28 Replies latest social current

• JH
    JH

Now they don't know if Saddam is still in Baghdad or if he fled out of Iraq.

Do you think that Saddam will be as hard to catch as Bin Ladden?

• joannadandy
    joannadandy
    Do you think that Saddam will be as hard to catch as Bin Ladden?

Yup. Look at the security measures we make for own President...it won't be easy to find him, I sometimes wonder if he is even still in Iraq. (Nothing to base this on, just my opinion).

• JH
    JH

Has Saddam made a run for it?

DEBKAfile’s exclusive intelligence sources report increasing indications that Saddam Hussein, his sons and top Iraqi leadership members may no longer be in Baghdad. It is not clear whether the Iraqi ruler has gone into hiding elsewhere in the country, the Middle East or outside the region. Some top Iraqi officials have been sighted in other Middle East and European capitals.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

If I were in Saddam's shoes, I would have made preparations for my own safety. Therefore, it seems likely that he ain't there! But where?

Ozzie

• Eric
    Eric

I do believe that I recall that the Alliance Forces (aka: The Bush League of Nations) offered amnesty to Saddam if he were to go into exile, and if he did so there would be no war.

Bahrain even went on all the big TV News outlets offering him a nice safe place to spend his exile if it would avoid war.

So if Saddam is in exile now, is there any point in hunting him down? If what the US wants is a regime change, and they take Baghdad, secure the borders, establish control and force democracy, what is the point in hunting down Saddam? Wouldn't he be exactly where the Bush League asked him to be in the first place?

Bin Laden is another kettle of horses of a different colour. His poster is still on the wall, and unless anyone has forgotten, will eventually be avenged for Sept. 11 .

Eric

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

With a personal fortune estimated at $7 billion, he has probably just bought Bill Gates RV and is heading for Canada to buy Alberta.

HS

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

We never found Bin Laden. I doub't we will find Saddam.

• rem
    rem

It doesn't matter if Saddam is caught. As long as he and his henchmen are no longer ruling the country, the objective is met. Bin Laden is a separate case because as long as he is alive he is probably able to control Al Qaeda, even in hiding.

rem

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    As long as he and his henchmen are no longer ruling the country, the objective is met.

Do you really think so, rem? Somehow I doubt it. The ultimatum given before the invasion was for Saddam to leave but that no longer applies since he rejected the ultimatum.

Ozzie

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Ah, he'll be living the high life in Syria, planning his revenge. UGH. What a mess.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit