WT using Satan`s courts again

by JWD 17 Replies latest jw friends

• JWD
    JWD

I never cease to be amazed at the blatant double standard the org.has
    toward Satan`s world.While condemning it on the one hand,they seem to
    have no reservations about using it fully when it seems advantagous.
    Let me pass along two recent court cases here in Japan. One regards the blood issue.Several years ago an older sister had an operation at
    the Tokyo University Hospital.During surgery she had an unusual amount of blood loss.The hospital had been informed that she was a Witness and would refuse blood, but the nature of the situation demanded instant decision making.They opted to give her a transfusion while she was under anasthesia.She recovered, but later found out that she had received blood.(It had been a common practice here in
    Japan for hospitals to show understanding for the JWs feeling about
    blood but retain the right to exercise professional judgement in the
    case of emergencies.Thus,on several occasions JWs lives were saved
    while all the time believing that they hadn`t received blood when in
    fact they had.To the average Japanese mind it seems like a perfectly reasonable solution to a difficult issue) The org. however wasn`t
    about to sit around and let lives be saved when they could make a
    statement about their faithfulness to Jehovah and create some martyrs in the process. So, at the prodding of the org. the woman filed suit.The case carried on for several years,during which time the lady,who was already quite old, died. Ultimately,however, the org. won the suit and claimed it as a great victory for Jehovah.The fallout,however,is that hospitals now have no choice but to refuse to accept cases involving JWs who need blood. Many who would have been helped under the `Don`t ask,Don`t tell`arrangement are now without hope. The org. wins and the average JW loses big time and pays with his/her life.
    The second case involves a Baptist pastor who was involved in exit-
    counseling.He had counseled nearly 100 bros. and sister at the request
    of non-Witness family members.Many of them left the org. as a result.
    The WT couldn`t sit around and let that happen, so they did the only
    noble thing... they filed suit.The case which went to court involved
    a man and his wife who had gotten divorced.The man had brought his
    wife to talk to the pastor and kept her against her will for several
    days.When she continued to refuse to listen to the pastor, the husband
    gave up and they went home.That incident was followed by a messy
    divorce ending with the husband getting custody of their children.
    The sister became the puppet who gave herself over to the org. in
    order to file a suit... not against her husband as that would look
    bad in Japan... rather against the Baptist pastor. I attended several
    hearings and heard testimony first hand. The WT lawyers were mostly
    bros. and were not very experienced. The sisters testimony was like
    a talk at the KH. All very stiff and well practiced.Under cross-examination, when asked about the nature of child raising and the
    Watchtower`s teaching regarding former members and anti-JW information she lied through her teeth and made it sound the the WT
    was the most open-minded group imaginable. I along with several others gasps in unbelief at her obvious lying under oath.After a
    two year trial the verdict was delivered last month. It was a 32 pg.
    document and is broken into three parts. The first part, dealt with
    the issue of facts, and stated that the husband and the pastor had more accurately presented the facts of the case.The second matter dealt with the matter of using extreme measures to make her listen to
    critical info. The judge showed sympathy towards the husband with
    regards to his desparation to try to keep his young son from being
    influenced by the `wife`s religion`.However, he stated that holding
    against her will infringed on her freedom of religion and thus could
    not be condoned.Therefore;on the surface it is a win for the org. and will undoubtedly be advertised as such. Another case where Jehovah
    vindicated his name...? using Satan`s courts...!! JWD

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

JWD,

You bring up an interesting point. The BOrg wins these cases and that forces the hospitals in a situation where they must accept a JW's wish even if the wish has been "influenced by a cult's" tactics. Thus, the WT controls everything
    - manipultating the hospital thru the court system,
    - manipulating the press and public to think that the "Abstain from blood" means all blood based on strict and consistent bible teachings,
    - manipultating through the the HLC members to ensure a JW takes the big one,
    - manipulation fear tactics with the shunning and
    - the continual manipulation through magazines and lectures of how bad blood is biblically or medically

All to ensure an innocent death.

Interestingly, they know their placental barrier justification is flawed seeing red and white blood cells pass the barrier just like "approved" albumin.

It is an interesting murder conspiracy if one takes the time to think about it and if the press or the medical communiity ever wakes up and properly reports it I wonder what will happen. It does make me wonder if the leaders actually believe in God or not seeing God through the bible tells people not to murder the innocent.

hawk (who says please bookmark - www.ajwrb.com)

• Ray
    Ray

JWD

What did the Watchtower get on winning suit? Just the court or money? If money, how much they get or what old lady get (remember, she is dead).

• Kismet
    Kismet

So from your post you feel it is perfectly acceptable to:

1. Take away the choice of medical treatment away from individuals?

and,

2. Perfectly acceptable to hold a woman against her will for two days?

While I disagree with the WTBS stand on blood I do vehemently agree that every one has the right to make decisions for themselves. My problem on blood & JW's is that the average JW does not understand clearly their options as to what is acceptable (conscience matter) but instead blindly say "No blood". But that does not give physicians carte blanche to ignore the stated wish of a patient.

The baptist pastor deserved to be found guilty as did the husband. I understand the concern but do not condone kidnapping and forceable confinement to be an acceptable way of dealing with that frustration.

Good on the courts.

As far as the Society using the courts that they declare to be controlled by Satan (all gov't and their agencies etc). It is my belief that it would be unreasonable on our part to expect teh Society not to avail itself of such services to correct any injustice. One might say "Wait on Jehovah" but then we would use that as proof how unrealistic the Society is. I would rather they fight for the rights of their members then callously ignore the abuse of their people's as they have in the past. Hypocritical perhaps but of the two options it makes the better sense.

Kismet

• Francois
    Francois

The only recorded instance of Jesus becoming angry was in the temple at the hypocrisy of the money changers. I take it then that hypocrisy holds a particular place of scorn on the part of Jesus and by extension God.

Kismet, your cavalier acceptance, and even justification, of the cynical, sneering hypocrisy of the WTB&TS is typical of what Jesus refered to as straining out the gnat while gulping down the camel. And it's typical, too, of organizational co-dependant denial. Like the spineless wife who says that she deserved to be slapped by her abusive husband and that he did it because he loved her, you are apparently ready to defend the WTB&TS in its century-long history of institutionalized abuse.

People can be restrained, even instutionalized, if they are found to be a danger to themselves or others. This woman in Japan was manifestly a danger to herself, and to any one else she could control. As such the pastor was right.

And you are wrong.

• JWD
    JWD

As to forced confinment, as an American, it goes against my sense of
    right.In Japan,however,families are viewed as a single unit and the
    wishes of the husband,in this case listening to an opposing view,is
    traditionally to be respected above any personal values.The husband
    was not asking the wife to leave the WT(although certainly hoping that
    would be her decision) rather he was asking her to listen to an opposing view.She put cotton in her ears and hummed while he tried to
    talk to her.The suit,ironically, was NOT directed at the husband,but
    rather the pastor who visited and tried to talk with her on two occasions. The money involved in the settlement was not much.Roughly,
    a $3,000 fine. JWD

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Kismet: you said:

"As far as the Society using the courts that they declare to be controlled by Satan ... it would be unreasonable on our part to expect teh Society not to avail itself of such services to correct any injustice. One might say "Wait on Jehovah" but then we would use that as proof how unrealistic the Society is."

How do you reconcile this statement with the fact that whenever an injustice is committed WITHIN the congregations, the society says, "Wait on Jehovah?" I think you are revealing the classical double standard.

Either Jehovah is powerful enough to accomplish his will despite human efforts or he is not. You can't say "wait on Jehovah" for some things and not others. The fact that they DO go to court shows that THEY THEMSELVES do not BELIEVE in Jehovah. Otherwise, they would take their own counsel and WAIT on him to rectify whatever HE in his ALL KNOWINGNESS deems worthy to correct IN HIS OWN TIME. Isn't that what elders say neverendingly to people in the congregations?

• mommy
    mommy

JWD,
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I too have a sore spot for cases like this. The society refuses to allow, members to vote or fight for their country, but have no problem at all using the system when it is advantagous to them. Sick I tell you!

Kismet,
    Since the age of 18 I have participated, to the fullest extent I am capable of, supporting my local and federal goverment. This is a gift I was given by the forefathers of this country. Of course it is still politics, and the one with the most connections always wins. But I can honestly say I have done my part in deciding who will be making the laws in my area. I have at times even called upon the people I have voted for and were elected officials in times of need or concern that I have had. They have always responded in kind, and are willing to discuss any problems I had.
    My problem with the Wtbts is that they laugh in the face of the goverment, denying them acknowledgement, unless they are hiding behind their skirts. How many articles have they published, screaming "court" victories? How many articles have they written concerning smuggling literature and outright deceit towards the local goverments, or refusing to allow voting or fighting in defense of the country? Those two don't go hand in hand. You are right it is hypocritical, but I strongly disagree that of the 2 options this one makes more sense.
    I personally find it outright disgusting and appalling they can even swallow any reasoning they may have, to use the goverment when they don't even pay taxes or participate at all in any aspect of lawmaking. Hypocritical, indeed.
    wendy

• Flip
    Flip
    ...participate at all in any aspect of lawmaking...

Ummm, I think the WTBTS does, Wendy. When it suits their needs for "religious" and financial "freedoms", the corporation participates rather agressively.

Although if we ask, I suspect we could only scrounge up around 200 posters who could provide sources.

Flip

• mommy
    mommy

Flip,
    My attention is to you and the 200 posters. Please don't let me down, I am intrigued.
    wendy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit