Will It Be Cold Turkey For England?

by Englishman 21 Replies latest social physical

• Englishman
    Englishman

BRAZIL!

Englishman.

PS> BTW, we don't play soccer as "Britain". The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland actually play as separate countires, ie: England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales.

Brazil beat England fair and square.

• Realist
    Realist

thanks englishman!

at least brazil also won against this pathetic german team!

• Englishman
    Englishman

Realist,

When Scotland or Ireland or Wales are drawn against foreign opposition in soccer or rugby, the English cheer for them too as they're also a part of the UK.

Sadly, this sporting gesture is not returned by Scotland or Ireland or Wales, who just want to see England beat at all costs, and will actively support even Germany if they are playing against England.

Just like the Aussie's or the French hate to see England win.

Englishman.

• Realist
    Realist

i understand ireland and scotland (braveheart ) have quite some issues with england...but what about wales???

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Wales was suppressed by Edward I (you may remember him from Braveheart). He was a ruthless, double-crossing sonofa$$$ who knew exactly what to do to conquer his island - pure Plantagenet! He was called the "Hammer of the Scots" for his brutal and efffective repression of their traditional rebelliousness...

I'm of Scottish descent myself, and I have to give credit where credit is due. When it comes to being a ruthless autocrat, nobody can beat the Plantagenets.

CZAR

• Englishman
    Englishman

Good point Czar, but I don't see that ole Longshanks legacy should prevent the Scots and Welsh from cheering on England!

Not all of our rulers were bad..and we invented Robin Hood...

Englishman.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Nope, I'm a big fan of England and the English - even lived there for a while. I'm an American, but I'd cheer for you over Germany any day.

CZAR

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

The home nations teams love to beat England because they're jealous of us!!!

There is no other explanation other than we have a better team. When they play we like to see them do well, we don't mind these lesser mortals trying to keep up with the standard we set.

BTW the same applies to the aussies too.

Dig

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

does anyone think darius vassel could be a better option than owen? i think rooney and vassel up front would be a lethal combination.

• Realist
    Realist

czar,

thanks for the info!

question to all british / native english speaking people: why do you dislike the germans? is it because of WWII or are there other reasons as well?

thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit